Access denied in Windows XP Encryped Files System

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahratla

Journeyman
I have locked several folders in my Windows XP+SP2 PC (NTFS) by removing all users from the security tab and encrypting them. I reinstalled windows and now can't decrypt the files or folders I have previously enrypted. Even if I add user or take ownership, access to the sub-folders or files are denied, though i can view them, but not open. Please help. Can anyone give me certificate files (.cer) or recovery agent that can decrypt them?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
How about with ROOT Admin user ?? is that user is also unable to access the files ??? try Copy those files to any FAT32 Drives :p

djmykey

Let the music play.....
@Choto:- when he doesnt have access how do u think he could copy it anyways.

@lahratla:- Rt click on the folder, then click on the security tab, then click on the advanced button. There there is a owner tab. Click on that and then in the list below select your current user and then tick the Replace owner on subfolders and objects. You have to do this twice (same operation) before you get access to the files.

I know this coz there was an pc in the HR dept which had somewhat like 30k resumes and the folder permissions were vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom