access denied in opening my c drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidawar

Broken In
wenever i double click on my primary drive i get access denied..wat may be the problem...however wen i right click on it n then select open frm the menu..i m able to access my c drive...wat may be the solution guys..help me

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
os?
and when did this started to happen
number of users in the system

extended partition numbers

vinaypatel

Journeyman
virus virus affected to ur registry as well to some of file

do scan it out

ur accesing ur PC with USB DRIVE or Memorycard or Digital camara

Isn't it ?

satyamy

Alive Again...
nothing seroius man
something is wrong with ur registry
may be ur PC is infected by some virus or may be not but for correcting this the solution above given is absolutely correct
or u can ask some help from Vishal Gupta he can suggest some registry tips to solve ur prob

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Try this...

Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive

Delete all the subkeys under shell key if present.

Make sure that the default value for is HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive is Drive. If not.. change it..
(default value which i mean is.. when u click on Drive key on the left side, you will see some key values on the right pane.. you will find default there)

also plz post what is the first option that u r getting when you rightclick on your drive? If it is autoplay, then you need to delete autorun.inf present in your drives. Suppose i assume your defective drive is C, then you need to delete in C:\autorun.inf. This is a system file.. so, it is not visible by default. Go to folder options and uncheck "Hide Protected system files" and also make hidden files visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom