about wireless router setup for home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nix

well, i recently got a laptop as a gift. i have cable internet connection at home. what i want to do is use the same connectoin i used to use for my desktop to my laptop so i can use the net from any place of my home...

i have configured the router and am able to connect to the net from the laptop and surf websites from anythwere in the house. now how do i protect myself.. i mean, from others using my net connection. it is not secure. any comp in the neighbourhood can access and use my net connection. now what do i do? if i enter the network key in my laptop, i immediately get disconnected. i have never done this before. can anyone guide me. ..?
please,
regards,
nix

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
*www.google.co.in/search?q=securing...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
try this thousands of em

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@nix

Which router do u use?

U shud reconnect by entering ur netwrk key again in wireless settings (of ur laptop) aftr u get disconnected.

In case u dont want to go 4 netwrk keys, u can simply turn on access control feature on ur router (chk if ur router supports dis feature - 192.168.0.1 or any odr addr. ur router has). Wit dis only devices wit MAC ID u manually enter wil be allowed n no odr.

Though dis wont b as secure as odr security measures, u wil need expert to clone MAC ID. So it is quite safe as of now

OP
nix

nix

yeah, after much experimenting, i got to enter the network key..now it asks for it before connecting...which is a good thing..i may need your help in the future too, but thanks for now guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom