about long horn

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hi guys how are you ?

i recently visited bombay and found that cds of longhorn are available there ..

so i bought it .. now wen i tred to install it i got message like

" the application or Dll c:\$windows.~bt\sources\winsetup.dll is not valid windoes image please check this against your installation diskette"

so is that can be because of corrupt cd or other error ???

help

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Pirated fooling cds. Longhorn has never been released even in its beta. It is a work of some hardcore prgrammer who changed xp's interface into longhorn, customised the xp cd and is selling. ANd that too poor programming and piracy lead to corrupt cd. Throw that cd away and stay away from such foolers.

For your kind info. Longhorn's 1st beta will be released to developers and bloggers by end of june. Its second beta release is not final and final ver. will release by end of 2006. And microsoft will never release longhorn like this on streets. Wait patiently for final release in markets. Don't get trapped.

:arrow: If further discussion goes about this i will tell the mods to lock this thread.

suhasingale

Journeyman
Longhorn is leaked

U can get longhorn frm net. i thnk it's available on torrents and mIRC. the 504** release is available.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@suhasingale: For God's sakes, that's NOT Windows Longhorn Beta. That's the 180 day trial of Windows Server 2003. The beta has been released to a select group of people after WinHEC 2005 and it doesn't look that impressive as of now. As someone said "This has all the makings of a train wreck."

OP
G

navjotjsingh said:
Pirated fooling cds. Longhorn has never been released even in its beta. It is a work of some hardcore prgrammer who changed xp's interface into longhorn, customised the xp cd and is selling. ANd that too poor programming and piracy lead to corrupt cd. Throw that cd away and stay away from such foolers.

For your kind info. Longhorn's 1st beta will be released to developers and bloggers by end of june. Its second beta release is not final and final ver. will release by end of 2006. And microsoft will never release longhorn like this on streets. Wait patiently for final release in markets. Don't get trapped.

:arrow: If further discussion goes about this i will tell the mods to lock this thread.

i think longhorn build 4051 is leaked from internet. .

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The leak was the PDC build and that was WAY back. The current Longhorn build available for preview is build 5048.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The PDC build is available, all right, but the problem is again one that plagues all betas right from Cairo to Whistler and all the way to Longhorn. The CD keys are no longer valid and authenticating Windows (a necessary step even for the beta) no longer works for the older builds. Of course, there are ways to get around it, but the PDC build is really not worth your time and trouble as it pretty much looks superficially like a heavily skinned (and terribly slow) Windows XP with newer versions of the basic programs. At least IE (6.5 for the PDC build) has a download manager. I haven't been able to get my hands on b5048. Hopefully they might put it up for download for MSDN subscribers or at least give them the ability to order the DVD. While b5048 is out on the P2P/BT networks for download, I wouldn't recommend them. I wish I could somehow get to PDC05, but the $1700 price tag is really scary. :(

rajas

In the zone
I'm waiting for the official LongHorn beta so that I can get my copy through TechNet and evaluate it. Hope it will be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom