Abdul Kalam Nominated Again :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
The Samajwadi Party on Monday complicated Congress' calculations for the upcoming Presidential polls by introducing the name of former President APJ Abdul Kalam as a possible consensus candidate.

The resurrection of Kalam's candidature came on a day when the Congress, which is hamstrung in the numbers game, emphasized the need for forging a 'consensus' on the Presidential election as UPA, NDA and non-NDA Opposition are not in a position to elect a candidate of their choice. Congress and allies have indicated dialogue for zeroing in on a jointly-sponsored candidate.

Samajwadi Party suggests APJ Abdul Kalam's name for President; Congress for consensus - The Economic Times

But now Congress is opposing this.

Vignesh B

Youngling
He was one character I always looked up to. So much integrity and dedication to job.
Rare to find such persons.
Hope he is elected this time.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yes i hope that to.But Congress doesnt want him to become.
Let them allow the citizens of India To vote.And then He will win.
Ill tell it openly the present president is good for nothing.She just wasted around 25 crores of money in some trip.While Abdul Kalam used to give talks to the young Indians

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Nice :D
he was the one who brought 2 mbps broadband to the masses during his tenure. So we should expect more developement in Science and Technology field :wink:

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Abdul Kalam failed to impress Lalu Prasad as India President

tell me what to these people want?His share of income?Or probably he wont eat money ?
He's a really clean person as far as i know.
He even gave a talk to our school :) in 2010

meetdilip

Computer Addict
IBN live is conducting a poll, E Sreedharan on the list.

Poll: Whom do you want as the next President of India? - India News - IBNLive

ajaymailed

In the zone
Kalam broke the traditional rubber stamp character of the indian president .....He rarely sit idly as president
may be he can manage even better if he is in control of things rather than make decisions discussing with our politicians with all those redtape, bureaucracy etc

I would love if he can lead a department where he is given all powers to manage, spend to improve the scientific culture in India promoting research in basic sciences in Universities and Labs , Phds, Fellowships, venture capital funds to encourage cost-effective solutions to Indias problems. He was spectacular leading SLV-3 program and then taking charge of missile program.

The reason for nuclear program making great strides is initial strong contribution by legendary Homi J Bhabha. He had influences at highest levels of govt including Nehru, and also good relations with bureaucrats of US and other western countries. May be if Kalam had such power to get any amount of $$ for his projects even if its done secretly. More than often India assigns budget secretly to some of strategic programs. may be like a lokpal of Indias entire research & development establishment. Even if the technology is imported or helped by foreign countries, its should be mastered, indianized and further develop it indigenously.

Last edited:

Alok

Adventurer
A great personality. He was very active as Mr. Pres.

No offence but i see Pratibha ji as an inactive role.

I want Kalam Sir back as President. But these politician...:-x

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
pratibhaji is a heretic, a throwback to Medieval times, a relic... voodo stuff.. following after someone like Kalam who is very much in the space age

its the president, who do we pick to make fun of america?

Alok

Adventurer
Why there is no direct approach of public for president election. There should be or i say must be in a "loktantrik system".

koolent

Youngling
If Abdul Kalam Sir becomes the president again. Sometong will change in feild of technology.. If it happens we guys will benifit too.. Last time, it was the fibre optics. What is it gonna..

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
But,Cong***** doesnt want APJ.They want some corrupt prez again.Arr..why cant the prez be the head of the country in india too?Here all decisions are taken by PM

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
APJ-Spent Money for-Going to each and every city in india and inspiring Youth!And yeah,Spending time with army,Improving indias tech.

Pra****-Spent Millions of rupees-Roaming across the world for nothing.And Scams :p

sygeek

Technomancer
But,Cong***** doesnt want APJ.They want some corrupt prez again.Arr..why cant the prez be the head of the country in india too?Here all decisions are taken by PM
That's because India follows parliamentary form of government. The president is only the nominal head of the Indian Union, the real power lies with the PM.

Top Bottom