aache digital camera ki khoj mein..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
@Caleb,

Sorry for your ignorance mate...if you take the trouble of reading magazines like Better Photography, Smart Photography, Asian Photography etc you will learn a thing or two about cameras and what is happening around the world...by the way I have read this in Asian Phottography in the month of August 2006...

Well well well...Nice excuse for doing loads of googling and homework dude! ;-)
Thanks for suggesting bunch of magazines...may be sometime in future I may chip in some time to go through all those.

Let me come to the point..
It took me some googling to find out the news...
Have a look at these quotes....

Much of the confusion seems to be coming from questions about whose standards are not being met, with Sony China factory officials releasing a statement that standards files submitted to the Zhejiang Administration of Industry and Commerce were "not in conformity with the actual performance of Sony products" according to a China View story. According to an Interfax China story published days later, Kang Jian, a Sony China PR official, agreed with the inspection results, "But part of the reason for the failure to meet standards was that we submitted the wrong enterprise standards for use in the inspections."

Now why did Sony submit the review standard?

.....because China does not yet have national standards for digital camera products, the Zhejiang Administration for Industry and Commerce carried out its inspections using standards provided by Sony!!!

That doesn't end there...check out..

We did not see, nor have we read a transcript from that apology, so at this point it remains unclear whether this is an actual failing in the quality of the Sony cameras made in China for the Chinese market, or if it's just a documentation error on the part of the Sony factory that raised the standards to unreachable levels.

Zhejiang province's testing included 34 models from various companies. A total of 13 failed, two of them allegedly from Pentax, plus the six from Sony. The Pentax models have not been named, nor have any other cameras that were tested, failed or not. An AsiaNews.it story says that Canon and Matsushita (Panasonic) were supposed to be among the products tested. Officials from neither company have been notified how their products fared, however. (source: AsiaNews.it)

These things happens in this competative world. Why didn't Zhejiang Administration disclose other failed models? This shows how much half-baked news it is. Pity that u believed all these stuff which didn't reach a conclusion and went on to teach everyone here. Don't come to conclusion yourself when the actual one is ending up no where!

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Actually there is no need to even waste time on Google. If one regularly reads Digit, one will realise that in a group test, Sony digital cameras have always come out on top and stood out head and shoulders above the competition. So much so that in the digital camera group test in the September '05 issue, the reviewers even said that the Sony cameras performed so well that they were tempted to go out and buy one for themselves. I think this is enough proof to prove the excellent performance of Sony's digital cameras.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Ha ha ha...so kiran.rkk has done a bit of googlin'round. Digit is NOT a mag with any serious commitment towards photography, digit just publishes a few "select" models to keep readers happy. Read mag's commited towards photography than "shall ye know that Cannon & Nikon r the best cams" Sony can NEVER come close to those two. BTW: Sony was MADE to refund the money NATIONWIDE in China.
Actually there is no need to even waste time on Google. If one regularly reads Digit, one will realise that in a group test, Sony digital cameras have always come out on top and stood out head and shoulders above the competition. So much so that in the digital camera group test in the September '05 issue, the reviewers even said that the Sony cameras performed so well that they were tempted to go out and buy one for themselves. I think this is enough proof to prove the excellent performance of Sony's digital cameras.
Hello krazyfrong, read my above reply.

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
caleb said:
Ha ha ha...so kiran.rkk has done a bit of googlin'round. Digit is NOT a mag with any serious commitment towards photography, digit just publishes a few "select" models to keep readers happy. Read mag's commited towards photography than "shall ye know that Cannon & Nikon r the best cams" Sony can NEVER come close to those two. BTW: Sony was MADE to refund the money NATIONWIDE in China.

Wow! Here comes a guy who has 'exclusive' rights of sneeking into Digit review section!
Hey! Are you aware of what you are commenting? Inspite of Digit carrying out such a detailed review of Camera's, you still say they are not commited in doing so? Huh! Take Digit copy of September issue and 'observe' what technical aspects Digit has considered during their review. When a reputed magazine like 'Digit' does a review, it is serious in doing so. That doesn't end there. They even include the review photos in the CD's for us to refer! What more required? Proof too served at your door steps.

I think you are a master in assuming things. What on earth made you comment that the review made by Digit is not committed??? JUSTIFY YOUR QUOTE. Don't take anything for granted. STOP assuming things.

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
kiran.rkk said:
Wow! Here comes a guy who has 'exclusive' rights of sneeking into Digit review section!
Hey! Are you aware of what you are commenting? Inspite of Digit carrying out such a detailed review of Camera's, you still say they are not commited in doing so? Huh! Take Digit copy of September issue and 'observe' what technical aspects Digit has considered during their review. When a reputed magazine like 'Digit' does a review, it is serious in doing so. That doesn't end there. They even include the review photos in the CD's for us to refer! What more required? Proof too served at your door steps.

I think you are a master in assuming things. What on earth made you comment that the review made by Digit is not committed??? JUSTIFY YOUR QUOTE. Don't take anything for granted. STOP assuming things.
Read the Magazines commited EXCLUSIVELY to photgraphy and than you will get your proof...I have been into photography much before you were born my friend...I do not not assume...with your limited knowledge you are commenting on Sony while the best are Cannon & Nikon.

Digit is a commited magazine when it come to Computer harware & software but when it comes to photography Digit is NOWHERE near comparable to the magazines committed to photography eg. Better Photography, Smart Photography, Asian Photography etc...even Digit will agree to it. The above mentioned magazines carry reviews, price comparisions & INDEPTH analysis on Cameras, lenses & all that there is to photography EVERY SINGLE MONTH. Go ask your local photo lab owner, or technician or any professional photographer, if he refers to Digit or any other magazine for his photoraphy needs and you will get the answer.

Before you make comments you must know what you are talking or writing about...the problem here stems from your inability to accept that there are also magazines DEDICATED ONLY TO PHOTOGRAPHY AND THAT THEY ARE FAR MORE SUPERIOR WHEN IT COMES TO PHOTOGRAPHY. MY No.1 CHOICE FOR PC & PC RELATED SOFTWARE IS DIGIT BUT NOT FOR PHOTOGRAPHY...GUESS IT IS HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT MAGAZINES FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES.

Also do not misquote what I've said to suit your needs, you said "What on earth made you comment that the review made by Digit is not committed???"...now when did I say that the REVIEW carried by them is not committed?...this is what I said..."Digit is NOT a mag with any serious commitment towards photography, digit just publishes a few "select" models to keep readers happy."...in the English language there is GREAT BIG difference in what I said and how you have TWISTED it...please do not indulge in such cheap tricks.

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Also do not misquote what I've said to suit your needs, you said "What on earth made you comment that the review made by Digit is not committed???"...now when did I say that the REVIEW carried by them is not committed?...this is what I said..."Digit is NOT a mag with any serious commitment towards photography, digit just publishes a few "select" models to keep readers happy."...in the English language there is GREAT BIG difference in what I said and how you have TWISTED it...please do not indulge in such cheap tricks.

MIND YOUR LANGUAGE FIRST. Cheap tricks? You know it better than me. God knows where did you find such tricks in my quote!
There is no point in explaining to you. If you think it is that way...think it. No more comments.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
kiran.rkk said:
MIND YOUR LANGUAGE FIRST. Cheap tricks? You know it better than me. God knows where did you find such tricks in my quote!
?There is no point in explaining to you. If you think it is that way...think it. No more comments.
That is precisely my point "mind ur language" when u communicate in english there r implications to what u write, so here is ur own advice: think it!

K

krazyfrog

Now cut that out you two caleb and kiran. Don't you think your argument is drifting a bit too much off topic? We're supposed to help the guy who started the thread, not start arguments. I think it'd be better if the argument were to stop here.

OP
desh2s

desh2s

Broken In
Thanks for ur valuable suggestions guys....
I finally bought sony cybershot DSC N2..:)

and plz do not quarrel...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I think the Sony H5 rocks @ 30k.

Got a doubt:(, is the image quality of Nikon Coolpix S10 comparable to Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 on full zoom? And which is having better image stabilization?

saikibryan

Journeyman
mates, in terms of optics...all pros swear by two names only, canon/nikon...
sony is also good but comes at third choice...
though all nikon sensor are made by sony itself...ha ha ha

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
desh2s said:
Thanks for ur valuable suggestions guys....
I finally bought sony cybershot DSC N2..:)
How much did it cost you? What is the quality like? Any buyer's remorse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom