Status
Not open for further replies.

dipanjan0401

Right off the assembly line
I have Intel 810e;Celeron 1.1GHz;128MB RAM;40 GB;with Windows XP Professional;IE6;Acrobat Reader 6;MSN Massenger 6.2;.NET 1.1 etc.

Problem1:Computer not shutting down automatically when it is turned off.

Problem2:After installing modem and dial-up connection in XP,first few days there was no problem accessing Internet.But the problem began when I deleted the account named ASP.NET from the user account which I never created.From then whenever I logon to the net it connects to net but as soon as I logout or exit from the MSN Massenger , it gives an error message :
"System Shutdown !
This system is shutting down.Please save all work in progress and log off.Any unsaved changes willbelost.This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Time before shutdown: 01:00:00
Message: Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure call(RPC) service terminated unexpectedly.[/list][/url]

babumuchhala

In the zone
You have a Virus. I frgt its name but run a complete antivirus scan (up to date). Then do a sypware scan and a registry scan.

All probs solved.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- Problem 1 - did it ever shutdown automatically b4 ?? check if acpi is enabled in bios

- Problem 2 - Scan for viruses with updated Anti virus apps . if u feel no virus and just deleting th e accnt caused the prob . try system restore . But check for virus first . have u updated to sp2 ?

swatkat

Technomancer
ASP.NET is a machine account created by WinXP when Microsoft .NET Framework is installed in ur computer....this account is used to run tools/services that require .NET framework, the seperate account is created in order to ensure security, as this ASP.NET account will have a lesser privilages than Admin account....u can delete it and it does not do any damage to ur system, but if u want to run any .NET projects or Microsoft's IIS, u may need it..
but this does not matter much, so u can delete that account....

System Shutdown !
This system is shutting down.Please save all work in progress and log off.Any unsaved changes willbelost.This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Time before shutdown: 01:00:00
Message: Windows must now restart because the Remote Procedure call(RPC) service terminated unexpectedly
looks like blaster worm...
download this removal tool from Symantec and run it..
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html
install this patch from Microsoft...
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...6c-c5b6-44ac-9532-3de40f69c074&displaylang=en

also, update ur Antivirus and do a through scan of ur system....
also install Service Pack 2 for Windows XP...

thecyclone2k

In the zone
there was a patch in some old digit cd. this error will always happen after u connect to internet! so, try getting it removed offline!

Swizzeron

Broken In
1 Simple solution

Remember the basic thing to be secure an be protected is to keep your virus definitions update. If you have live update use it or just download the updates from your antivirus' website. in case of NAV its (www.symantec.com)

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Please give meaningful subject line to your threads. Just writing aa does not mean anything and it could be mistaken as spam..

bharathbala2003

why need title?
GNUrag said:
Please give meaningful subject line to your threads. Just writing aa does not mean anything and it could be mistaken as spam..

exactly.. i wanted to tell that too...

1) whats aa gotta do with your subject?

2) does it signify anything??? :?

Tech&ME

Banned
Well As already said by swatkat, i repeat that and would like to advice u to reinstall the .Net 1.1 that u had. It seems to me that u haven't uninstalled it and just deleted the ASP.NET account which is not a VIRUS.
If u have not uninstalled it as yet, do it first and then install the .Net again this will solve the problem.

Btw. This .NET is not a very sucessful tool of Microsoft , most of the website using this to allow users to login to there site through the Microsoft .NET is know removing there support for this since its a bit buggy till now. Microsoft has come out with .NET 2 but its a beta version and the final is till to come so u must wait like others.

Moreover your Windows XP password is also a part of the .NET .

This is not an ADWARE.

M

manas

stop the remote procedure call service .Then get the patch from the symantec site or update your antivirus definitions from any digtt dvd or cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom