[Want to Buy] A very low budget laptop for low end work

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi TDF folks

I want to buy a very low end laptop or an old good laptop at very low price. If anyone want to sell your old laptop please let me know. I just need it for following tasks:
1. MS Office applications usage
2. Bit of browsing
3. Watching streaming content

Yea, that's about it. Just a plain vanilla laptop for day to day use. No gaming or video encoding whatsoever.
Should I look for buying those 10-15k new laptops? Are they worth even that? Please help.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
Get a laptop with a minimum of i3 and 4gb ram. Should cost around 20-25k depending on the model. Do not go any lower than that otherwise you will regret it after a year or so.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Get a laptop with a minimum of i3 and 4gb ram. Should cost around 20-25k depending on the model. Do not go any lower than that otherwise you will regret it after a year or so.
My friend is selling his 2 yr old out of warranty Lenovo G50 with 12 Gigs of RAM and 5th gen i3 for Rs 10k. (Since I would need to repair the numpad keys). He initially bought it for Rs 28k. Even if it doesn't have dGPU, I think it's perfect for my non gaming needs. Sweet deal. Right?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Have you considered buying a tablet instead ?
Nah. I prefer to type on physical keyboards and full fledged OS. And a Windows 10 tablet with physical keyboard or those ASUS transformer laptops costs a bomb.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend is selling his 2 yr old out of warranty Lenovo G50 with 12 Gigs of RAM and 5th gen i3 for Rs 10k. (Since I would need to repair the numpad keys). He initially bought it for Rs 28k. Even if it doesn't have dGPU, I think it's perfect for my non gaming needs. Sweet deal. Right?
Holy 12gb ram? Yea go for it. First check how much it will cost you to repair the keys.

icebags

Technomancer
i use a 12" netbook of dual core celeron processor , 2gb + 4gb (extended) ram, 500gb hdd for similar purpose. bought at 15.5k 1 year ago, and came with some linux os. i installed linux mint xfce in it, and it runs pretty well. except may be when watching youtube, the processor usage goes 50-60% and teps go 64-68 degrees c.

^ said those just to nurture the curiosity in you a bit. because, any lower, and you will be stuck with 2gb windows 10 32 gb ones. :)

but if your friends laptop is in good condition, then it's a good deal @ 10k, unless it goes bad.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
get this one instead:
*www.amazon.in/Lenovo-Ideapad-320-1...e=UTF8&qid=1537258435&sr=8-19&keywords=laptop

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh I didn't update this thread.
So my friend got a new laptop and so I got his laptop Lenovo G50. It's good. I have installed Mint on it and it's nice.

Top Bottom