A Reliable 1TB HDD

RBX

In the zone
I need a reliable disk and the brands I have in mind are WD and Hitachi.
The disk will host OS, but the computer is primarily used to browse internet so I expect no harm to data in it (from unexpected shutdowns due to power failure) because other than browsing internet, it is used to store data currently not needed on my laptop.

I know that I need a good PSU, and a UPS as well but I am currently not in a condition to invest in them.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I need a reliable disk and the brands I have in mind are WD and Hitachi.
The disk will host OS, but the computer is primarily used to browse internet so I expect no harm to data in it (from unexpected shutdowns due to power failure) because other than browsing internet, it is used to store data currently not needed on my laptop.

I know that I need a good PSU, and a UPS as well but I am currently not in a condition to invest in them.

wd anyday,their RMA service etc is unmatched in India

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
wd anyday,their RMA service etc is unmatched in India
What I need to know is a specific model number - not all disks are made for reliability. For what it will be used, it certainly doesn't need to have high speed or anything else. All I want is reliability and a good price.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
What I need to know is a specific model number - not all disks are made for reliability. For what it will be used, it certainly doesn't need to have high speed or anything else. All I want is reliability and a good price.

what capacity? etc
WD Caviar green,blue is good

OP
RBX

RBX

In the zone
What is your budget, Is the data is so important?
I think 4.5k is most I'd like to spend on 1TB. Data, of course, is important but what's more important is the time lost in organizing the data. I like my stuff organized; after each crash, I have to do it all over again.
what capacity? etc
WD Caviar green,blue is good

I am thinking about WD Green. It surely has lower RPM but reliability seems to be higher than Blue. What I'm worried about is its price tag - seems a little too low for a good hard disk.

amjath

Human Spambot
I think 4.5k is most I'd like to spend on 1TB. Data, of course, is important but what's more important is the time lost in organizing the data. I like my stuff organized; after each crash, I have to do it all over again.

I am thinking about WD Green. It surely has lower RPM but reliability seems to be higher than Blue. What I'm worried about is its price tag - seems a little too low for a good hard disk.

Why I asked you about the data importance is, If the data importance is high you can go for RAID 1 setup.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
price is too low for a good hard disk? then iPhone 6 is the best phone? :p

BTW get WD Green if speed isn't much of a matter. Blue if you want a balanced experience and black if you want premium experience.

Top Bottom