a rather simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyboosh

Broken In
Hi, i need your help once again,

My windows seems to have (yet again) gotten some kind of malware from somewhere. there is a taskbar icon which cays "system alert: Malware threats" and then clicking on it redirects me to a web page asking me to install some kind of anti virus (paying them, of course) Now i know that this is the usual trojan or something like that...

I run Linux on my system too, what i wanted to know was if i format my windows by changing primary boot device to CD and booting up the XP cd, will my Linux drive allocation be affected in any way? i have backup of everything i could want from the C drive, as i've gone through the drill quite a lot of times..i'm not really against windows, but this is sort of a norm for me (even with Zone Alarm installed, i think i've got to move on to something better. suggestions?)

So will my Linux drives be affected in any way? i tried googling, but all i found was "How to set up Dual boot"

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
when you wipe out C: you lose the MBR (master boot record) so your Linux will be there, but you will not have the option to to boot to it after the reload of windows. you will need to edit your boot.ini file, so before you wipe back up the boot.ini file so you will know what to edit later.

praka123

left this forum longback
ur Linux will not be affected.but installing windows after Linux will be-some tweak to do with grub maybe-as microsoft and windows is adament NOT to admit that there is other operating systems other than windows exists!come to open source section after the usual format reinstall routine for windows-reg Grub bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom