A plunge from Note 2 to Nexus 5

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,

I am offered a Nexus 5 as a gift and its a nod away. Currently I am using a Note 2 (will sell it off if I decide to go for N5, so wait for potential deal :p) and I am tired of its size.

Now the real question is, is it a good deal to replace NoteII with N5?

Temptations::
1) Tired of Note II size that hinders one hand usage.
2) Got a N7 that helps me with the video watch on journeys, so Note II screen size is no more a must have
3) N5's vanilla droid will be refreshing after using Galaxy S, S3 and Note II all these years

Repulsion::
1) The battery back up of N5 is something that I am scared about specially after using the mammoth Note II. But I am not a high end user as i cant play games and videos when in office.
2) Sale value on Note II. I am not sure how much i can sell it for, please help.

Note::
1) Though N5 is a gift, I still value my cousins money and so its as good as me spending on it. But gifts are always special though.
2) If I opt out of getting the N5, I might get a trip sponsored by him. But i prefer the phone to trip :p.

Kindly advice me out of this confusion and tell me it its a good plunge to N5 from NoteII.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
A friend of mine sold 8 month old Note 2 for 19k.. But you can probably sell it for more if it is in good condition..
PS: You have a badass cousin

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Note 2 to N5? You must me joking. N5 is the iPhone of Android, hype. Vanilla experience and all those garbage!
Anyway, Note 2's size is really big, so if you can't cope up with it, might as well go for a smaller one, but Nexus, LOL! You're getting it as a gift, so nothing wrong with that.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Note 2 to N5? You must me joking. N5 is the iPhone of Android, hype. Vanilla experience and all those garbage!

To what I have understood from your statements, you mean to say that N5 is not even close when compared to Note II. But I guess specs says a different story though :S. I understand and know about the low speaker volume, lower backup time, camera issues and unexpandable memory issues but they arent of any big magnitude for my usage apart from the backup time (which i have mentioned already)
Is there anything else that you think Note II to be having a superiority over N5?? I am trying to understand your views on it.
Anyway, Note 2's size is really big, so if you can't cope up with it, might as well go for a smaller one, but Nexus, LOL! You're getting it as a gift, so nothing wrong with that.

Can you suggest any other mobile within 30K apart from N5?
Note that G2 is over the budget and I am not interested in another samsung device.

kaz

right here
If had to make a call I would stick with the Note II and get something else than a cell-phone
Mainly for two reasons:
1. Battery
2. Camera

Also I personally like some of the note 2 features which some people call shi*. May be they never used those features and also depends on one's requirements

snap

Lurker
go with the nexus 5 if you are not worried about the battery backup and non expandable storage, other than that great phone

Remember that N5 has non expandable storage, poor display(AMOLED > IPS LCD) & poor camera also as is the poor battery life as compared to Note II........

Vanilla android is just a hype, I'm a N4 user & I personally like Touchwiz more.......... Moreover there is no network video calling option in N5 as android doesn't support it natively (if u use it, as no one pointed that out while i was buying N4).

If u are really irritated by the size of Note II, then I think get Xperia Z as its around 30k now (Its also a big phone though). Smaller alternative would be Xperia ZR .......

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@anupam_pb
Vanilla android is not hype. It is more of a personal preference. If you don't like something, calling it cr@p is not good idea.

I own N5 and used my uncle's NII sometime ago. For @OP's requirement, N5 will suffice. Battery backup is not that bad, if you are not going to play games or watch videos. It will easily get past 1 day. Camera is good after the update.

@OP
Go for N5. You will love it. I own it and till now i didn't regret for buying it.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
some more background.. I have this Note II from the day of its release in India (pre ordered) and my wife use a S3. I got this as S3 was little too small for my liking. Note 2 was fine for few days and now its a burden to carry around for my daily usage. I cant put it in my top pocket as the phone peeps out like a wh%^& waiting for customers. It is really irritating to be carried in my pant pocket and sit in office with it. So i normally put a book at my desk and place this thing on it whenever i sit :(

So size is a big discomfort for me now.

regarding the trip - Its a bit pricey affair and I dont wanna loot my cousin with that. But if thats the better choice, I can still opt for it. I might get a sponcered trip to Andaman :p

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
some more background.. I have this Note II from the day of its release in India (pre ordered) and my wife use a S3. I got this as S3 was little too small for my liking. Note 2 was fine for few days and now its a burden to carry around for my daily usage. I cant put it in my top pocket as the phone peeps out like a wh%^& waiting for customers. It is really irritating to be carried in my pant pocket and sit in office with it. So i normally put a book at my desk and place this thing on it whenever i sit :(

So size is a big discomfort for me now.

regarding the trip - Its a bit pricey affair and I dont wanna loot my cousin with that. But if thats the better choice, I can still opt for it. I might get a sponcered trip to Andaman :p

Go for N5. You will not regret.

Top Bottom