a phone for <5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys .. i need a cellphone for less than 5k, and i have searched the previous threads but didn't got wat i am looking for. My requirements are

1. Atleast 60 mb memory (better if its expandable)
2. MP3 player and Mp3 Ringtone
3. Bluetooth
4. Shld be gud for messaging and UI shld be good.
5. Gud quality
6. If possible ..GPRS

Brand doesnt matter as long as its good in quality.
I can do without cam or FM ... plz help me guys ...........I have heard bout O2 ICE, is it real ?? available in india ??? if yes than wats its price and is it available in Delhi??

K

krazyfrog

You won't find all those features in 5k. At the most you can get SE Z530i which costs around 5.5k. You'll get a VGA camera, bluetooth, mp3 player, expandable memory, and GPRS.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
is SE Z530i a good phone ???? ok i have increased the budget to 5.8 max .... any other choices ??? wat bout SE K510i ??? does it falls in this bracket, and have the above mentioned features ??? and wat bout Nokia 5200 ????

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
does 3110 really fall in this range ?? Yes i am from rohini, delhi .... where can i buy this phone in delhi for this price ?? is it really good ..coz i have heard the camera in not at par with other 1.3 megapixel cameras ? i dnt mind if the overall and music quality is good .........plz tell ur opinion ...

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
w200 doesnt have bluetooth my dear ...and are LG Phones good to use ? i mean build and music quality ?? and can u suggest any specific model ??

hpindia

Broken In
Pulse 2600
VGA CMOS camera, Continuous Voice recording, 120 MB pen drive memory, MP3 player and ringtones, FM Radio on Speaker Phone
List :Rs 4490

ThinkFree

Technomancer
harryneopotter said:
hi guys .. i need a cellphone for less than 5k, and i have searched the previous threads but didn't got wat i am looking for. My requirements are

1. Atleast 60 mb memory (better if its expandable)
2. MP3 player and Mp3 Ringtone
3. Bluetooth
4. Shld be gud for messaging and UI shld be good.
5. Gud quality
6. If possible ..GPRS

Brand doesnt matter as long as its good in quality.
I can do without cam or FM ... plz help me guys ...........I have heard bout O2 ICE, is it real ?? available in india ??? if yes than wats its price and is it available in Delhi??

Nokia 6085, but cost a little more than 5000, or try visiting www.themobilestore.in and see if it helps

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
Guys ... thnx for ur suggestions .......... so i have finally bought Nokia 5200 with 512mb Micro Sd Card (coz it is stretched my budget to exactly 6k...) and its a good phone for music which was my first Proirity ............ it looks cool.. and sounds even cooler ..........thnk u again pals...

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
i have considerd 3110c also .. bt it was out if my budget ... and the main is diff is camera quality ..which doesnt matter to me ...... and the sound is better in 5200 ... so decided in favour of it. thnx anyways buddy.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
as against advertiesed... the cam quality of 3110 is nothing impressive! even z550i falls in the same category. if 3110/z550i is considered on the basis of cam then i felt let down by it! the best 1.3cam module is in k510i.

@harryneopotter

since cam wasn't the major factor, u made a good decision :)

Last edited:
OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
^..u r right yaar .... i am just a casual clicker ..and i found the camera quality acceptable ....not bad for Rs 5550 with that Quality Sound ......... and its does not need PC Suite either if u just want to access the Memry card ... so its cool ....just plug and play ........ and i like it very much .. thnx again guys ..........................

nix

isnt it cumbersome to use? i mean, you have to open the keypad everytime you have to type something or dial a number..that can be a big turn off...how are you manageing it. what if the sliding becomes rought after some time? have you considered these factors? isnt it a better idea to go with candybar designs..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, the last thing you want to give him is buyer's remorse. :)

Once the purchase is made, no use pointing out the flaws.

OP
harryneopotter

harryneopotter

Padawan
^^ its ok ... he has all rights to point out his doubts ........but i dnt think the same way as him ...its nt cumbersum at all ....may be becoz i am not a regular caller ......i just call 1 number most of the time (around 80 %) and that no is always in my recent dialled list so i dnt need to slide it up to dial her... and i msg in bulk at specific times ..and at those times i dnt need to close it and open again as it remains open the whole session .........so situation is not as bad as it looks from his(nif's) point of view....by the way i must say thnx to ryu (infre red dude) and aryayush for showing concern ........... but usually i dnt take decisions which can make me regret later ..no matter wat others say..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom