A PC ONLY FOR GAMING

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arthas

hi all
i am completly new to this forum and digit.and this is my first post.
i want to know from team digit that i want a pc only for gaming.
the pc must be future proof as i dont want to go to the hassale of upgrading.i just want the default specs i.e proccessor,motherboard,graphics card and RAM.also i need a broadband modem(150-200 kbps) for usual networking as my old pc has 33.6 kbps modem.please help me decide as i am new to this techno world.
thanks

ps: i would like to know how to upload the avator in this forum

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Amd 3200+
Asus A8N-vm(onboard gfx)
Asus A8n-e(without on-board)
Xfx geforce 6600gt 256 or 128mb card
512*2 Transcand or Kingston Ram

KoRn

In the zone
@ Arthas,to pos avatar.......

go to the profile button in the top of the forum site after uve signed in.go to the avatar section and u can choose ot upload ur avatar from ur pc or a url.But it must be within 85x85...hope u got it.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
for normal networking or a broadband connection based on adsl technology like tht frm bsnl u'll need just a ethernet port and generally a 10/100 mbps lan/ethernet comes inbuilt with all new mobos..
so u dont need to care for tht

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
AMD athlon64 3200+ venice core
ASUS a8n-e
XFX geforce 6600gt 128mb
512*2 mb corsair RAM
120gb SATA from Seagate
450 watts of P/W
Monitor and other peripherals as per choice

and for the modem
D-Link ADSL router 502T

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Well,lets hope it fits in ur budget, but here's somethinh that will be future proof-:

Motherboard>> A8N32-SLI Deluxe [always get a good MB so that u can upgrade easily)
Processor>> AMD Athlon 64 3000+/3200+ (whichever u feel, 64bit is important)
GFX card>> XFX 6600GT [6800GS recommended, if u can afford)
LAN CARD>> 10/100/1000 MBps (speed depend more on ur internet connection)
HDD>>WD Caviar 160GB
RAM>>Corsair/Kingston 1*2GB
Keyboard>> Logitech G15
Mouse>> Logitech G5

Siriusblack

Broken In
Look at my config
AMD 64 3000+------------6200
ASUS A8N-e----------------5750
Transcend 400 Mhz 512*2 -- 4400
Leadtek PCX6800 GS TDH-- 14500
ViewSonic E72+fsb----6650 monitor crt
multimedia keyboard + optical mouse ---750
Seagate 160gb SATA-- 3750
lan card inbuilt
8.1 channel sound card onboard
any speaker u want
i will be getting the above config tomorrow for 50K
try replacing 6800 with 6600gt and u got ur machine

OP
A

Arthas

thanks to all of guys for helping me out.well i have printed out all of the confirguation and i am keen to buy.but the main problem is my modem.its so slow(33.6 kbps) that i sometimes feel to throw away my pc(which i am going to do).so as a last request can u plz suggest me a broadband modem (mine is inbuilt modem) as my friend suggested to buy.plz also suggest which is better external or internal.i will then register myself here and then.plz know that i want a modem with highest value of money.thnks again then

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Arthas said:
thanks to all of guys for helping me out.well i have printed out all of the confirguation and i am keen to buy.but the main problem is my modem.its so slow(33.6 kbps) that i sometimes feel to throw away my pc(which i am going to do).so as a last request can u plz suggest me a broadband modem (mine is inbuilt modem) as my friend suggested to buy.plz also suggest which is better external or internal.i will then register myself here and then.plz know that i want a modem with highest value of money.thnks again then

Broadband doesnt work on modems, u need a LAN card for that(10/100/1000)
As for the xternal modem for some broadband connections, it will be given to u by the ISP for some rent.

OP
S

saiaspire

If you wanna a ADSL modem then go for a D-LINK or SMC
I USE SMC, IT IS SUPERB!!!

srikanthgss

Broken In
gaming rig

for once forget your budget.Follow the link and you will get to see a mind blowing gaming system by Alienware.

If you want its price here you go : only 6,899$ .Very sweet price tag ,isnt it :D ?!

*www.alienware.com/intro_pages/nvidia_quadsli.aspx

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: gaming rig

srikanthgss said:
for once forget your budget.Follow the link and you will get to see a mind blowing gaming system by Alienware.

If you want its price here you go : only 6,899$ .Very sweet price tag ,isnt it :D ?!

*www.alienware.com/intro_pages/nvidia_quadsli.aspx

!!!??? Gone mad!

Useless to even think about it. Nobody here has that kind of money, unless you live in the US, and that too falls for people who live in the high-end income bracket. Average income for people in the US (middle class range) comes around $2000.

So forget it...

Here goes the config for here:

AMD 3200+ 7600
A8N-E 5600
6800GS 13750
450W PSU 600
120GB SATA/SATA-II 3500
1GB (kingston/corsair/transcend, 2 X 512MB) RAM 4500

These are the main essential components. Decide on the others according to your budget.

GunshotSilence

Journeyman
hey guys

i wanted to go for a new rig and what i had in mind was

amd athlon 64 3000+
sli mobo for future
with good for gaming mobo(dual core compatible for future).
512*2 mb ram
160 gb sata hdd
lite-on dvdwriter
new mouse keyboard combo
big geforce 600gt 128 pci-exp
tv tuner card
5.1/7.1 dolby dig. speakers
with a good cabinet(with led lighting) and atleast 450 w smps
(i have samsung optical +plain keyboard-i want to sell it when i sell my oldpc)

i already have a samsung 793s 17" new monitor

so cud u tell me whats the price?

like a media center pc
also i want o do gaming, encoding, photoeditting with photohop, recording editting audio and multitasking like listenng to music and using p2p limewire(hogs ram like anything) an opera with gtalk, yahoo and flashget running all together.

my budget-i dont know. dad will sanction once i know the prices

and want to have this system ready for vista and atleast next 5-6 years without much upgrade other then ram and graphics card

so is amd better or intel for all above tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom