A pc on a strict budget of 20-22K

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hi all, need your help. Back on the forums after a long hiatus.

Need to take my primary pc to my new place, and put up a replacement kaam chalao pc at home for dad. Budget 20-22k, details below.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Office with occasional gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 22k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7.. Have it already.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Have it already. How much is the rate of a 2TB these days?

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes. 18 inch.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: HDD, Plan to reuse my old HD4850.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Next 2 weeks.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kolkata

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I would like a new CPU, Mobo, 4/8Gigs RAM, (2TB hdd outside this budget), a cabby, a PSU, mouse/kb combo, a monitor.

Am out of touch with these for quite some time, need your help friends.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
FX 6300 - 7.5k
Gigabyte GA 78LMT- USB3 - 4k
Any local cabyy ~ .5k
Corsair Vengence 4GB - 3k
Antec VP 450p - 3.5k
MK 200 - .7k
Dell E1814H ~ 5.5k

this goes a little over your budget but IMO its worth it

OP
mukherjee

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
FX 6300 - 7.5k
Gigabyte GA 78LMT- USB3 - 4k
Any local cabyy ~ .5k
Corsair Vengence 4GB - 3k
Antec VP 450p - 3.5k
MK 200 - .7k
Dell E1814H ~ 5.5k

this goes a little over your budget but IMO its worth it

Thanks for the info.
But i already have a cabby.

I was thinking on the lines of(kolkata rates)
Pentium G3220 3.6K
Gigabyte GAH81MS2VP 3.8K
corsair vengeance 4GB 2.9K
Corsair VS550W 3.1K
LG DVDRW 0.95K

Monitor Dell S2240L 9K

Please recommend a 2TB HDD(or should I go for a 1TB one?, no pressing need actually).
Confused by WD Green(no blue avlabl locally), Black, Purple(for av monitoring) price apprx green 5.2K, black 7K, purple 5.7K. Seagate 2tb 5.1K. Warranty 2years for all, 3years for purple.

Btw, extra money is short. Saving up for a GTX970. :))

Please suggest.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Thanks for the info.
But i already have a cabby.

I was thinking on the lines of(kolkata rates)
Pentium G3220 3.6K
Gigabyte GAH81MS2VP 3.8K
corsair vengeance 4GB 2.9K
Corsair VS550W 3.1K
LG DVDRW 0.95K

Monitor Dell S2240L 9K

Please recommend a 2TB HDD(or should I go for a 1TB one?, no pressing need actually).
Confused by WD Green(no blue avlabl locally), Black, Purple(for av monitoring) price apprx green 5.2K, black 7K, purple 5.7K. Seagate 2tb 5.1K. Warranty 2years for all, 3years for purple.

Btw, extra money is short. Saving up for a GTX970. :))

Please suggest.

sorry didn't read the questionnaire completely. that rig is good enough for your needs. and stay away from VS series PSUs get Antec VP 450p as a minimum.

WB Blue is what you should go with if you are making it a primary HDD. Else go with WD Green. WD Purple and WD Red are not for normal usage. WD Red is for NAS usage and Purple is for Surveillance storage (?) WD Blue is the most VFM for basic need and WD Green is the most VFM for storage needs

WD Blue 1 TB ~ 3.5k
WD Green 2TB ~ 5.5k

Top Bottom