A new phone around 30K. Please suggest

G3 is what S5 should've been and on the top of it, lacks crapwiz bloat.

Anupampb
No
samsung has oversaturated display and camera,poor build quality,poor ASS,Touchwiz
Xperia has overheating and self cracking screen issues and Xperia Division may shut down soon
dont get samdung or xperia

G3,Moto X,Nexus 5,One Plus One are safe buys

For a 30k phone, i guess a brand with proper after sales is a must

The Lollipop update of Touchwiz has been trimmed down. For a demo, just check a Grand Prime(not a good buy though) in which many of touchwiz features have been removed to make it lighter. Lollipop update is already available for S4 & S5 which increases its performance & avoids lags which pops up in long use of phones earlier

Sony has scrapped the rumours regarding shut down/selling of Xperia division

Xperia Z had overheating issue, but it was solved in updates (My uncle has one)
Self cracking is a rare issue, but the issue is real though

You can easily adjust the saturation level(was available in my old S2 too) & A.S.S is good

N5 is not worth buying if you have a budget of 30k

G3 & Moto X(2nd gen) are great phones, no doubt

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^^ Not quite true atleast in my views
Samsung ASS is awful,rather buy OPO or something with "inferior" ASS
N5 is a fine phone for people who want a smaller form factor
S2 and S3 were good phones,ANY samsung product after that was really poorly made with poor colour reproduction and oversaturation,changing values doesnt help at all
I agree touchwiz may have been trimmed down etc but its still bad because Lollipop kernel etc itself is causing poor performance so even stock phones on 5.1 such as N5 are having issues
one good thing about Touchwiz Lollipop is the ability to remove the forced encryption,so maybe thats a major plus over stock but not good enough yet im afraid
Samsung used to be good earlier during S2 etc but its really bad now

going by your sig,i understand that you may be expecting the same level of quality which they used to offer earlier
I also thought that way and got alot of samsung products for my house around 1.5 years ago and I saw issues develop with all of them and the ASS,warranty was of no use at all
I ended up selling all of them for cheap rates in the end because i didnt see the point of paying for repairs etc for such new products

as for good ASS etc for 30k,thats why I didnt mention Xiaomi in my recommendations , Mi4 has poor build,rom,no source released,poor ASS and overpriced compared to other phones
OPO delivers more for the price and is a great allrounder

- - - Updated - - -

That's the actual point. OFFTOPIC: Me too got Moto G2 for that reason

actually I mean LG G2 :p
but the logic applied is same i guess...
price and form factor wise you cant go wrong with these phones,they arent outdated yet at all

From my personal experience, Nokia & Samsung provide best A.S.S

Maybe it differs from place to place too,as in case of Lenovo which had good service centre in Durgapur but bad in few areas

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I live in the heart Mumbai,where ASS is supposed to be the best for every brand
Samsung,Sony,Maple(Apple) and Nokia service centres are exactly 5 buildings away from my house
ive had multiple poor experiences with Maple and Samsung across various products and service centres

sorry if im going a bit off topic and I hope you havent taken offense to my opinion/personal experience :)
i just dont like supporting companies which dont take efforts to give best service to their customers

$hadow

Geek in making
Now sammy has the best display for the two generations noow. And the basic mode is regarded as the most accurate color reproduction for the note and upcoming s6.
But the point is one plus has the facility of a 5.5 inch display with 3 gb of ram at a price lower than N5 and G2 [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
But the point is one plus has the facility of a 5.5 inch display with 3 gb of ram at a price lower than N5 and G2 [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION]

thats true but it depends if he wants a large screen size
now if i think of it , G2 is totally out of the question as OPO and G2 have similar size
Nexus 5 is no slouch though,it is just suitable for a different set of people
personaly Id get the OPO because I dont mind larger screens and all my current phones as well within 4.5inch and 4.3inch so i always have a fallback option

- - - Updated - - -

Now sammy has the best display for the two generations noow. And the basic mode is regarded as the most accurate color reproduction for the note and upcoming s6.

I dont quite agree with this
also ive not seen the S6 yet but ive seen all their other products and I dont think itll be any different
I hate samsung displays and cameras

I dont quite agree with this
also ive not seen the S6 yet but ive seen all their other products and I dont think itll be any different
I hate samsung displays and cameras

If you hate the things Samsung is good at, then I have nothing to say

I just hate Samsung's design in most phones (Alpha, S6 & S6 edge are exceptions)
Touchwiz is a bit laggy(lags like hell in entry & mid range phones)

As far as camera & displays are concerned, they are great.
S4 has better screen & camera than Xperia Z1 (one of my friend has both).

There are many Samsung haters in forums these days but that was bound to happen due to arrogance of Samsung

$hadow

Geek in making
Even I haven't seen the s6 but Note 4 panel is super beautiful. And when it comes to cameras sammy do know what they are giving to the consumers but only in the flagship phones.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
There are many Samsung haters in forums these days but that was bound to happen due to arrogance of Samsung

Seriously man
This forum is more against Samsung nowadays than apple
And the truth can't be overlooked
Best display and camera hands down S series and Note series
And those who are saying that the display is oversaturated are just blind or pure Samsung haters who won't change their opinion
As for touch wiz, on lollipop it has improved a lot,in fact lollipop touchwiz on Note 3 is faster than STOCK lollipop on N5
Where are the stock android fanboys now ?
(Source: Galaxy Note 3 Android 5.0 Leak Analysis )

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
If you hate the things Samsung is good at, then I have nothing to say

I just hate Samsung's design in most phones (Alpha, S6 & S6 edge are exceptions)
Touchwiz is a bit laggy(lags like hell in entry & mid range phones)

As far as camera & displays are concerned, they are great.
S4 has better screen & camera than Xperia Z1 (one of my friend has both).

well all i can comment on this is that its purely preference and arguable
ive owned multiple samsung products and have drawn my conclusions
I find Sony displays(bravia) better for TVs,
Carl Zeiss(pureview) and Exmor(sony) for cameras
Samsung is alot like Tata cars,recycling old stuff so it looks new and people keep falling for it

The hate against samsung is justified,if a company cant respect its customers,why vice versa
they have made awesome products right upto S3 and Note 2,after which ALL their products are very poor in comparison
its soo grave,Id rather take my chances with "high quality" chinese brands than samsung

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously man
This forum is more against Samsung nowadays than apple
And the truth can't be overlooked
Best display and camera hands down S series and Note series
And those who are saying that the display is oversaturated are just blind or pure Samsung haters who won't change their opinion
As for touch wiz, on lollipop it has improved a lot,in fact lollipop touchwiz on Note 3 is faster than STOCK lollipop on N5
Where are the stock android fanboys now ?
(Source: Galaxy Note 3 Android 5.0 Leak Analysis )

Lollipop touchwiz is faster than Stock on N5 for sure,ill give you that
rest of your points about it being better than Apple , "Blind haters","best display and camera" etc is not at all true and there arent any blind haters here
people hate samsung with good reason here

If you like samsung so much and hate Apple,go ahead , buy samsung products only
I own/owned products from all companies including samsung and I feel they are a waste of money and are massively overrated
Im willing to even give newcomers a chance over samsung,thats how poor my "everything" samsung experience was

- - - Updated - - -

Guys please dont stray away from topic
All this is user preferences/experience and is arguable
No need to fight and call other fanboy,haters etc without provocation
my stating my opinion doesnt make me a hater
keep it civil

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Isn't it obvious all these people will tell you to go for oneplus one. I have bought 2 opo as well as a galaxy s5 4g. Alpha beats opo in performance easily. It has 2x faster gpu at its native resolution and is a lot faster overall than any sd 801 phone.
All samsung haters if you hate xiaomi's ass you can't like opo's ass cos they are both handled by hcl. And xiaomi is a lot better still. 60 days is the minimum replacement time for opo and that is after mailing head executives. Please i welcome you to checkout the forum, its one of the stickies. And opo has a rubbish camera and update policy as well. My s5 got updated in jan and currently rocking cm12.1. I would personally advise you to go for alpha if you are worried about ass, buy opo if you can get over its size and everything. Hope i helped :)

Isn't it obvious all these people will tell you to go for oneplus one. I have bought 2 opo as well as a galaxy s5 4g. Alpha beats opo in performance easily. It has 2x faster gpu at its native resolution and is a lot faster overall than any sd 801 phone.
All samsung haters if you hate xiaomi's ass you can't like opo's ass cos they are both handled by hcl. And xiaomi is a lot better still. 60 days is the minimum replacement time for opo and that is after mailing head executives. Please i welcome you to checkout the forum, its one of the stickies. And opo has a rubbish camera and update policy as well. My s5 got updated in jan and currently rocking cm12.1. I would personally advise you to go for alpha if you are worried about ass, buy opo if you can get over its size and everything. Hope i helped :)

People here are anti-Samsung, but I blame Samsung for that...... Its mainly due to their design & pricing

As far as Alpha is concerned, for me its only con is battery life, which is just average(about same as Moto G). Alpha has a good design & UI isn't laggy. With Lollipop update, the touchwiz will get faster. Its performance is about same as S800/S801, which for a 25k phone is good. Screen & camera are great, even better than Z3 Compact.
If Alpha had better battery life, I might have considered to get it in future over Z3 Compact

the.one

In the zone
s5 too is a good option now, since it costs around 25k. Close to alpha & opo.
Plus its IP certified, good battery life and its not a phablet.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
People here are anti-Samsung, but I blame Samsung for that...... Its mainly due to their design & pricing

As far as Alpha is concerned, for me its only con is battery life, which is just average(about same as Moto G). Alpha has a good design & UI isn't laggy. With Lollipop update, the touchwiz will get faster. Its performance is about same as S800/S801, which for a 25k phone is good. Screen & camera are great, even better than Z3 Compact.
If Alpha had better battery life, I might have considered to get it in future over Z3 Compact

I agree it has a mediocre battery life but opo isn't stellar either. Both will last a day easily. But alpha is faster because it has a 720p display. It even scores higher than z3 compact in gpu benches despite resolution parity. I think because it throttles less as it has a 20nm soc. I would recommend s5 4g if you need a waterproof phone with better communuty support else alpha looks better and is faster than anything before note4 and still faster in gpu than any other phone and its audio quality too is much better than snapdragons.

And absolutely don't buy s5 exynos aka g900h. Stay away from it. Exynos in it sucks so bad that its gpu performance is only 40% of s5 4g and cpu is only 5% faster. Has poorer battery life and no community support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom