A new phone around 30K. Please suggest

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
It seems that the "self-proclaimed" tech experts here recommend One Plus One blindly. The truth is OPO is a good phone only if you consider the performance of the device and the price you are getting it for. In every other aspect OPO is either mediocre or poor

Display : Probably the worst 1080p IPS LCD there is so it is quite pathetic

Camera : Mediocre(check various reviews)

Battery Life : Mediocre, considering the huge battery. On GSMARENA many phones have better endurance rating's despite having smaller batteries.

As someone on this thread rightly said, Display and Camera is Samsung's forte. I have seen some people repeatedly arguing the Sony's EXMOR sensors are much better but probably these ignorant people are not aware of the fact that Samsung itself uses Sony's sensors(Note 4, Galaxy S6,Galaxy S4).

As far as display quality is concerned, a good display should get as bright or as dim as possible along with deep black levels. Only Samsung's SAMOLED panels(Latest gen starting from S5) offer such flexibility and all that "Oversaturated" bullshit is nonsense.

Below is an extract from Anandtech's review of the Galaxy S6

"Overall, this is probably the best display anyone will be able to get in a smartphone right now. This level of progress is amazing from Samsung, given just how bad things were with the Galaxy S' AMOLED display, even as recent as the display of the Galaxy S4. With the Galaxy S5 review, I said that I wouldn't be surprised to see AMOLED equal, if not exceed LCD within a year or two, and Samsung has managed to finally hit that mark."

I wish there was a place on this forum where I could give a public disclosure about not to be misguided by these "self-proclaimed" tech experts but sadly there is isn't one.

$hadow

Geek in making
^^So we are facing facts here/
Now disclaimer before you bash: I am a samsung user since my first mobile and still holds s3 as one of my daily driver.
When one plus one was launched it was priced at half of what s5 and m8 was. Provided similar specs with upper hand on ram. You should see the real life experience of a user instead of gsmarena endurance test. Mobile cameras are more or less always mediocre and the only problem is display.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^So we are facing facts here/
Now disclaimer before you bash: I am a samsung user since my first mobile and still holds s3 as one of my daily driver.
When one plus one was launched it was priced at half of what s5 and m8 was. Provided similar specs with upper hand on ram. You should see the real life experience of a user instead of gsmarena endurance test. Mobile cameras are more or less always mediocre and the only problem is display.

GSMARENA endurance tests are quite accurate.I have done the tests personally on the phones I have owned in the past( Galaxy S5, LG OG, HTC One X) and they numbers are quite close to what they have mentioned on the site. As I mentioned before, the only USP that the OPO has is flagship specs at a cheap price. Apart from that, there is zero incentive to buy the phone.

It seems that the "self-proclaimed" tech experts here recommend One Plus One blindly. The truth is OPO is a good phone only if you consider the performance of the device and the price you are getting it for. In every other aspect OPO is either mediocre or poor

I wish there was a place on this forum where I could give a public disclosure about not to be misguided by these "self-proclaimed" tech experts but sadly there is isn't one.

:-D :clap2:

One plus one is a good phone for those who run behind specs, which is what many people do here

No one here would recommend S4 @ 18k, which for a normal person is a great multimedia phone........ Adequate performance, Lollipop solves touchwiz's lags(which was rare in even 4.4), best in class display & camera, compact for a 5" phone

- - - Updated - - -

GSMARENA endurance tests are quite accurate.I have done the tests personally on the phones I have owned in the past( Galaxy S5, LG OG, HTC One X) and they numbers are quite close to what they have mentioned on the site. As I mentioned before, the only USP that the OPO has is flagship specs at a cheap price. Apart from that, there is zero incentive to buy the phone.

For battery life, i also think GSMArena's test are quite good......... I also check XDA forum, where users post their personal experience

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Apart from that, there is zero incentive to buy the phone.

I disagree with you, it comes with OneMinus One labeling, it doesn't have Samsung written anywhere on the phone, so how on earth could you say that there is zero incentive to buy the phone, check your facts bro.

After Sales Service, Display, Camera, Battery life, Call quality, those are irrelevant for a mobile phone! How come you don't know that?

PS: Quite naturally OP hasn't visited this forum in past two weeks, so I guess this topic has run its course, a long time ago, just like hundred other topics before this.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
I disagree with you, it comes with OneMinus One labeling, it doesn't have Samsung written anywhere on the phone, so how on earth could you say that there is zero incentive to buy the phone, check your facts bro.

After Sales Service, Display, Camera, Battery life, Call quality, those are irrelevant for a mobile phone! How come you don't know that?

PS: Quite naturally OP hasn't visited this forum in past two weeks, so I guess this topic has run its course, a long time ago, just like hundred other topics before this.

Overkill in terms of sarcasm but I get the point

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
Thats true there are fanboys everywhere in this forum from amd to recently opo. Most of them are bitter with samsung on price only. Its almost as if they are paid to promote on this site. S5 had the best camera, screen, performance, battery life at launch and opo can't beat or match it in a single thing except for a gig of extra ram or same soc. Doest it change the fact it is incredibly vfm phone, nope but it is not the flagship killer its proclaimed to be. The height of this nonsense was when i heard opo had a better ass than xiaomi. Atleast xiaomi owns some of its service centres, all others are handled by htc for both the companies. Also its now easy to find spare parts for xiaomi in market ie in karol bagh my friend got a mi3's original screen replaced for 2.6k while not even a proper phone case was available for opo in Delhi's one of the biggest markets and to get the phone serviced under warranty you will have to wait 2 months.

$hadow

Geek in making

You know what I rarely find a person who says money is not a problem. 1+ provided sd 801 at a price which was close to OG moto X. So in my point of view benchmark always represent half picture and usage scenario changes vastly from person to person.

vishpt

Broken In
How is galaxy note 3 Compared to these mobiles? I heard that Most lags disappeared after lollipop update ......
I think it is one of the best mobiles under 30k..... Note series are not preferred because of size and price issues but they are a class on their own.....
Regarding other models, I think other than s3 all the s series are crap.... My friend replaced his s5 in less than 3 months .....

Where Samsung rules is here:
Not only sales, service and spares should also be affordable....The Universal problem of smartphones is broken touchscreen.... some guy from a two-three tier city can order OPO online but cannot go and wait for many number of days if there is no proper service ...

Atleast Motorola and Asus are clever to expand their service network.....

devil'sdouble

Broken In
How is galaxy note 3 Compared to these mobiles? I heard that Most lags disappeared after lollipop update ......
I think it is one of the best mobiles under 30k..... Note series are not preferred because of size and price issues but they are a class on their own.....
Regarding other models, I think other than s3 all the s series are crap.... My friend replaced his s5 in less than 3 months .....

Where Samsung rules is here:
Not only sales, service and spares should also be affordable....The Universal problem of smartphones is broken touchscreen.... some guy from a two-three tier city can order OPO online but cannot go and wait for many number of days if there is no proper service ...

Atleast Motorola and Asus are clever to expand their service network.....
There are very minimal lags on Lollipop Touchwiz ROM, at least I don't see any 'lag' to any unbearable extent! Of course it won't be Nexus 5 smooth, but it is much much better than half cooked UI of some other midrange cum flagship phones, G3 or G4 for example, which will turn down brightness automatically if you play GPU intensive game for long and might even give you a free reboot, as gift :lol:

I don't know if Note 3 is worth of 30+k in 2015, but at around 24-25k I don't see any better phone, that's all. At the same time Note 4 is selling at 32-33k on Ebay, which is another excellent option.

Top Bottom