A motherboard that can play game

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkpeerless

In the zone
A mother board that is within 8k for amd64 and can play games like pop :sand of time area 51 etc without using graphic card . low texture detail accepted

swatkat

Technomancer
Only one mobo comes to mind (to me, that is :wink:) MSI RS482M2-IL which has the powerful ATi RS482 Chipset and supports upto 128 MB of shared memory for Graphics.
You can play Doom 3 and even .kkrieger!!

It costs around Rs.5000/-

7mm

Broken In
Good choice as you can think of AMD. MSI's RS480M2-IL (with ATi xPress200) is been there for while now as the best IGP solution till now. nVidia has launched All New nForce4 chipset that supports IGP. ASRock has launched Socket 754 [K8NF4G-SATA2] & Socket 939 [939NF4G-SATA2]. Also Gigabyte just launched Socket 939 [GA-K8N51GMF-9]. Though Gigabyte is a big fish I'd suggest ASRock's 939 solution as it has SATA2. Good Luck.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
it has been now almost 6 months since i m using MSI RS480M2 mobo with X200 grapix and i m more then satisfied with dis mobo.very decent onboard grapix hav played games like FARCRY(medium settings)DOOM3(low settings).MSI RS482 is the rite way to go.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
U ppl r joking?U mean a mobo really can play doom 3 without gfx card. Guys y didn't u tell me b4. Now i will but this mobo and no gfx card. Yuppy. But does it support Intel Processors?

hummer

Journeyman
no . its fr amd socket 939. damn good board fr on board gfx. but overclockin options limited. no sata2. supports RAID0 ,1, 0+1. USING it fr a month now no probs. best on board gfx . very easily available. and on board fire wire present.

Kniwor

Learner
@hummer
let me correct u...the RS480 chipset based mobo...(almost same) is also available for s754....so it's not only socket 939..

@chirag & bkpeerless
but i would suggest u to get the s939 one which is now called MSI RS482M2-IL

remember MSIRS480M2-IL and MSI RS482M2-IL are exactly the same mobo with same performance...the only difference is that ATI has shrinked the die size for RS482 chipset to reduce costs. The RS480 is built on a .13 micron process, and the RS482 is a die-shrink to .11 micron

purchsed 3 of these about 5 months back...and it's great mobo...but no overclocking features...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
if u r ready to play all the games at low resolutions and with all the eye candy turned off then MSI-RS480 M2 is the way to go. but since u have a good budget of 8k then i suggest u buy a 6200 (non turbocache) 128 mb card also ... which will come around 4k. this will be a huge boost compared to the onboard vga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom