A Little Help Required from the Kolkatans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
A bit of an unusual type of help, but it occured to me that as a forum with users all over India, this will be best place to ask for help.

I and my fiancee intend to take a trip from Delhi to Silchar to attend a friend's wedding in Assam next week. We have planned our trip from Delhi to Kolkata by Rajdhani Express departing Thursday while the Kolkata to Silchar portion will be covered by Indian Airlines flight departing at 13:05 on Friday.

For the Delhi to Kolkata leg, we have two options of Rajdhani trains. One is the Howrah Rajdhani which arrives Howrah at 09:55 Hrs. The other is Sealdah Rajdhani, which reaches Sealdah 10:15.

Before I make my choice of trains, I need a few things cleared:

1. Which station is nearer to the Kolkata airport, Howrah or Sealdah?
2. What are the transit options from both these stations to the airport and what are the approximate travel times?
3. Based on your experience as a Kolkatan, which station do you recommend? (keeping in mind we have 3 hours to catch the flight)

Any other advice/suggestions are welcome. More queries may follow the replies. :)

OP
Aberforth

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I must have picked the wrong time for making this topic. Apologies for the bumb, I really need this help.

OP
Aberforth

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I have been looking up the train status for the last few days. The Rajdhanis to Sealdah and Howrah seem to have delays longer than an hour, that can upset our flight connection, especially if we get stuck in those infamous traffic jams of Kolkata. I got two Indian Airlines tickets for Kolkata instead, to connect us to the flight for Silchar. Thank you for the assistance anyway.

My girlfriend wanted to travel in Indian trains, so I guess that'd have to wait till we plan our return trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom