a laptop feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

himan01

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys I think it’s a bit silly question but I don’t think everybody knows this ,even I don’t know this!!
In laptops, there is a feature that when we close the screen by flipping it the windows hibernate and when we open the screen by flipping it out, the windows recovers out of hibernation ,with the same program running as before it was flipped.
What is this feature known as??
Which laptops have this feature??
Earlier I used to think that every laptop has this feature…but I was wrong!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, if u say that this feature is NOT seen in every lappy, then since i dont hv a lappy, i wud say that this feature i hv seen in a Compaq lappy..and afaik, an ACER too..(i may be wrong)

but, again i ask, are u sure that this feature is NOT available in all lappys ??

raksrules

Youngling
Well if i understood your query correctly, do you mean that computer goes in Hibernation when you close the computer Lid / screen and when you open the lid / screen again it comes back with everything intact.

Now this feature although may not be available with all the laptops, it is available with many. In order to check, you may navigate to power options in your laptop and there you may see options like "what to do when lid is closed" and you are allowed to select one of the options like "Do Nothing", "Hibernate","Stand By" etc..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, i guess these options SHUD be available and if they are, then its really good..coz i hv seen this in ACER in my friend's lappy tat as soon as i closed the screen by folding it downwards..the l;appy jus switched off..and we were working on a imp B.E presentation and i was like ooh Sh!t, wtf, now wat we gonna do.. :D:D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^hahaha..that feature is present in every lappu (hibernation)
and u can disable it while going in power options (when i close the lid --> do nothing)
thats what i have done cuz my lappu runs 24*7 downloading stuffs :evil:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, even i had this same thought, tat this option MUST be present in POWER OPTIONS of every lappy having WIN as its OS..else the lappy wud be jus crap..

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I think that this exists in Linux also but wud have to ask our LIN Bruders !! (Metalheadgautham,kalpik etc etc)

(cuz we are WIN bruders :D )

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
My lenovo has this, but instead of restoring the desktop, it shows me the user list, from which I must click on my name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom