A good reliable phone under 7k

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
Posting this on behalf of a friend

1. Budget: Budget INCREASED TO 10k
2. Display type and size: 4" or more
3. Dual sim: yes if possible
4. Preferred choice of brand: Brand with good A.S.S. and reliability
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera): Good quality rear camera (for its price), front cam isn't required
6. Preferred operating system: android only
7. Preferred connectivity options: wifi, 3G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc): whatsapp, movies,capturing photos, casual gaming (point and click, NFS MW, plants vs zombies)
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration: None
10. Any other info that you want to share: Phones must be reliable, He's tired of new issues popping up every now and then in his current phone (intex). Must have a good A.S.S. So big no to xiaomi and other chinese rebranded phones.

How's Motorola's A.S.S?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You want a good camera then you shouldn't get Moto E.
You want a good ASS, despite the phone being VFM, then you shouldn't get Redmi 1s.
You want a good phone, don't get anything from samdung, sony, htc, microcrap in this price range.

Lumias maybe a good option then, except for the OS.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
budget increased to 10k

Can't live without android so big no to lumia. Big no to chinese rebranded phones like xolo lava and other brands with non existent A.S.S. (xiaomi, huawei etc)

how is LG L70 ?

ps: I don't know anything about new cell phones, chipset etc :(

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
LG mobiles are overpriced and underpowered.

either Moto G 16GB (1st gen) or Asus Zenfone 5 8GB (non-lite version). both will cost 10k but worth the extra price. Asus has better looks & camera but suffers in terms of battery and updates. moto g is a tried and tested mobile.

motorola doesn't have their own service centers. outsource to different ones depending on location. so can't say but mostly will be lame like others. same for asus.

OP
happy17292

happy17292

Ambassador of Buzz
LG mobiles are overpriced and underpowered.

either Moto G 16GB (1st gen) or Asus Zenfone 5 8GB (non-lite version). both will cost 10k but worth the extra price. Asus has better looks & camera but suffers in terms of battery and updates. moto g is a tried and tested mobile.

motorola doesn't have their own service centers. outsource to different ones depending on location. so can't say but mostly will be lame like others. same for asus.

Moto G 1st gen is no longer available and it lacks microSD slot.
what about long term reliability of asus? He will use this phone for atleast next 3 years.

10k is max budget. not a penny more than that, he already incrased to 10k from his initial 7k budget.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Moto G 1st gen is no longer available and it lacks microSD slot.
what about long term reliability of asus? He will use this phone for atleast next 3 years.

10k is max budget. not a penny more than that, he already incrased to 10k from his initial 7k budget.

Zenfone 5 it is then. I have used zenfone 4. performance as well as build quality wise it matches moto g despite the added UI as well as bloatware.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Care to explain what happened since i haven't heard anything about their ASS and i have about 5 of their devices running in my family as of now.
Rude and ultra stupid service.
I just wanted a replacement SIM card tray for my X. Called their CC number which I found on Twitter, they then gave me phone numbers of Calcutta service centres, there are 2 service centres in West Bengal, one is in Durgapur and the other somewhere in Calcutta.
Anyway, I called both of them. The first one received the phone after maybe a dozen full ring. Then they said this service centre is for Moto G and E only! I asked can't you bring a tray for my X, I'll pay shipping too, they simply disconnected the line. And that other number, I don't know how many times I've called on that number. So in short non existent service here in Calcutta.

Honestly back in 03/04 they were a bunch of thieves. Back then here in Calcutta they used to service their phones under Surya Telecom (not fully remember the name), and they were being so infamous for 'stealing' parts that they were forced to get rid of all the service centres. If I remember right they had one office just in opposite of Rashi. I still have my E365, with half Moto material and half of their (Surya's) material as I was unfortunate enough to submit the phone at their office thrice.

Anyway, before buying the X I didn't care about warranty. It was a rather cheap phone, so more so. But didn't know that their ASS would still be a complete joke. This was just a SIM tray, what would have happened if I really needed the service for something serious?

Now it might differ in your place. But then again it doesn't interest me.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
^^Oh boy now you are making me unsure of my decision to buy this much moto phones. I hope they are not the same in my place.

Top Bottom