A Good Broadband In Kerala

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Needs - 1 or 2 Mbps plan. Around 2-3 GB FUP. As my sister needs it, there won't be much downloading. Should be unlimited as I have heard that the companies charge on their own sometimes.

Budget - Around Rs 600

Place - Cochin, Kerala

If there's any Wi-Fi available which meets the needs then it'd be better. Or can I ask the guy who comes to install the broadband to install a Wi-Fi router?

My sister does not know anything about these things so the installation should be hassle free and the customer care should be good.

josin

In the zone
Needs - 1 or 2 Mbps plan. Around 2-3 GB FUP. As my sister needs it, there won't be much downloading. Should be unlimited as I have heard that the companies charge on their own sometimes.

Budget - Around Rs 600

Place - Cochin, Kerala

If there's any Wi-Fi available which meets the needs then it'd be better. Or can I ask the guy who comes to install the broadband to install a Wi-Fi router?

My sister does not know anything about these things so the installation should be hassle free and the customer care should be good.

check for airtel in your locality.Positives are No down times and service within 3 hours. Negative is that its bit costly.

Why not consider a wifi data card and take a 3G Prepaid Sim (so that the operator cant send bills to you for over data usage)

setting up a wifi data card is as easy as switching on your TV.
check out this comobo

1.Huawei E8231 Data Card
2. IDEA SIM with prepaid Unlimited Data Packs

MRP Data Benefit Data Validity (Days) Overage FUP limit Self activation
646 3 GB Unlimited 30 - Speed post 3GB@80kbps NA
745 4 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 4GB@80kbps NA
848 5 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 5GB@80kbps NA
949 6 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 6GB@80kbps NA
1146 8 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 8GB@80kbps NA
1346 10 GB Unlimited 30 - Speed post 10GB@80kbps NA

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
check for airtel in your locality.Positives are No down times and service within 3 hours. Negative is that its bit costly.

Why not consider a wifi data card and take a 3G Prepaid Sim (so that the operator cant send bills to you for over data usage)

setting up a wifi data card is as easy as switching on your TV.
check out this comobo

1.Huawei E8231 Data Card
2. IDEA SIM with prepaid Unlimited Data Packs

MRP Data Benefit Data Validity (Days) Overage FUP limit Self activation
646 3 GB Unlimited 30 - Speed post 3GB@80kbps NA
745 4 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 4GB@80kbps NA
848 5 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 5GB@80kbps NA
949 6 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 6GB@80kbps NA
1146 8 GB Unlimited 30 Speed post 8GB@80kbps NA
1346 10 GB Unlimited 30 - Speed post 10GB@80kbps NA

3G it's out of the options as speed vary very much. can't rely on it. Airtel's plan are not fit for the needs as it's 10GB FUP @1k. 10 GB would last for like 5 months with my sister, so it'll be a waste. Is Asianet good?

abracadabra

Journeyman
Get a BSNL EVDO! truly unlimited! But then BSNL Emps are one lazy people! So get all the info from their offices, go the main office around Cochin and find out, usually the small ones dont give any infos!

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
Get a BSNL EVDO! truly unlimited! But then BSNL Emps are one lazy people! So get all the info from their offices, go the main office around Cochin and find out, usually the small ones dont give any infos!

already mentioned that Unlimited doesn't matter. even a 3GB 1-2mbps FUP would suffice

abracadabra

Journeyman
BSNL evdo works any day better than any PVT ones I guess, BSNL has a good network in Kerala!

Now there is a small risk involved! You need to buy an unlocked CDMA/EVDO data card online from olx or ebay, Dont buy the Prithvi Data Card from BSNL; then you need to get the EVDO SIM from BSNL too! You then got to try out the congestion and close proximity to the place of indented usage! If its within city limits I guess 150- 200kbps is within reach, cos most people are hardly aware of BSNL EVDO! Just giving you options, your call finally!

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
BSNL evdo works any day better than any PVT ones I guess, BSNL has a good network in Kerala!

Now there is a small risk involved! You need to buy an unlocked CDMA/EVDO data card online from olx or ebay, Dont buy the Prithvi Data Card from BSNL; then you need to get the EVDO SIM from BSNL too! You then got to try out the congestion and close proximity to the place of indented usage! If its within city limits I guess 150- 200kbps is within reach, cos most people are hardly aware of BSNL EVDO! Just giving you options, your call finally!

OK I'll tell her to check for EVDO. the plans look good.

Top Bottom