A few queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

saiyaman

Journeyman
Hey guys I would like to know a few things:
1.Has anyone downloaded and installed Windows XP Service Pack 3? Based on your experience do you recommend it to be installed soon or does it have any compatibility problems and all?
2. I'm currently using AVG Antivirus free edition. Is it good enough or is there a better free alternative available?
3. If anyone is using Nvidia cards then could you please tell the most recommended driver version? Please do tell if the latest is the only choice or if it lowers performance in some games.

Thanks in advance. :)

swatkat

Technomancer
1.Has anyone downloaded and installed Windows XP Service Pack 3? Based on your experience do you recommend it to be installed soon or does it have any compatibility problems and all?
Yes, go ahead and install SP3.

2. I'm currently using AVG Antivirus free edition. Is it good enough or is there a better free alternative available?
It think this is the most asked question in forums!! Yes, AVG is good enough. If you want a better free AV, you can try Avira AntiVir. It has got better detection and lighter on resources. It is free and is better than many commercial alternatives. You can check out the latest AV comparision in the "Comparitives" section here:
*www.av-comparatives.org/

3. If anyone is using Nvidia cards then could you please tell the most recommended driver version? Please do tell if the latest is the only choice or if it lowers performance in some games.

I don't have nVidia card, so I will pass this on...

OP
S

saiyaman

Journeyman
Thanks for the information. I'll go ahead and install SP3 as well as have a look at the website and compare the different AV. ^_^
If anyone uses Nvidia Graphics cards here kindly post the driver version you think is the best over here when possible please. :)

toofan

Technomancer
go with sp3 i m usin it wid out prob,
use avast its in 2nd position after norten2009,

1) Go ahead with SP3 but do back up your data.

2) For all anti virus queries, refer to this thread:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94072
3) Generally, the latest drivers are recommended for good performance :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
*www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Just select ur card model and download the latest driver...:)

uditk

Broken In

1. Yes, install SP3, worth it
2. Use Avira Antivir Personal ( www.free-av.com ), works better than most of the paid antiviruses softwares.

mrintech

Technomancer
Regularly check whole list of freewares here: *www.techsupportalert.com/pc/security-tools.html

All of them are worldclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom