A Duplicate Huawei Mate 10 Pro... What to do with it?

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
My friend came from Dubai with an ultra cheap Huawei Mate 10 Pro.... How cheap? Rs. 3000 or s0.

I was firstly amazed at Dubai prices but still I was heavily doubtful. I tried checking it. Display was ok ok, Settings/ About told the phone as "Huawei Mate 10 Pro"... Good.
I downloaded benchmarks which said it has a Kirin 970 chipset. Ok... Subway Surfers was however not running at 60 fps apparently.
Took a photo from the dual camera, turns out it was just 3.15 Megapixels, and the lower camera was fake. :D
Plus, 4G was usable as internet but the calling & SMS don't work.. :D

So, in short, its a fake Huawei Mate 10 Pro with we having no idea of its origin.. All this was 1 month back. :D

Now, the problem is that its continuously showing ads using its "browser", which is not even visible in the list of apps, so we can't disable it... It seems to be downloading a lot in the background too. And its terribly slow and laggy. Unusable.
I tried Kaspersky Antivirus, but it reported no viruses at all.

In short a totally adware rigged firmware on a "proper Chinese" phone...

My question is, can we try to flash an (even it its slightly buggy) official clean firmware which doesn't have ads?

Any lightweight firmware, MIUI, or Cyanogen or stock Android or anything? Is it worth it? And how must I go about it?

OP
Samarth 619

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
You've to unlock the bootloader first.

Thanks.
Can you please link me to an online guide that will help me in my specific case?

Is this link useful for a chinese clone phone? :- *www.howtogeek.com/239798/how-to-unlock-your-android-phones-bootloader-the-official-way/

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Even if you are able to install some custom rom, which I highly doubt, it will always give you some problems every now and then. If you have an invoice then send a mail to Huawei, maybe they will apologize and give you a new phone ;)

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Honestly this fake one will give you crazy problems. If i were you I would:
1) Laugh at the person who purchased it so hard he never does it again.
2) Throw the phone.
3) Laugh at him again.

Top Bottom