a doubt abt Tally Accounting Software.pls do comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobileman

In the zone
i have a doubt n Tally.

we suppose to start tally in our distribution. i have a simple doubt,

tht, can i make billings tru tally.can i give our company's name printing on the bills?
i mean,in tally can v customise the bill formate?

pls do comments

waiting

thanks in advance

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
Yes you can customize and print bills in tally. But to use this feature, you should have a fairly good knowledge of tally.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have seen many bills printed in Tally. What you can actually do is get some stationery printed with your company's letterhead and then print all the bills on that pre-printed page ;)

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
tuxfan said:
I have seen many bills printed in Tally. What you can actually do is get some stationery printed with your company's letterhead and then print all the bills on that pre-printed page ;)
hi my dear,
yes u r right.bt wht is the drawback is if,a customer is purchaising less than 3 items, or more than 6 items, hw can v manag our pre-printed costly paper? paper will become get spoiled.

tuxfan

Technomancer
In that case, you can continue printing with Tally. I just cross-checked and I have a bill printed in Tally right next to me at present ;)

It mentions the name of seller, his address, tel, etc. It also mentions my name, list of products, qty, rate, final amount (in numbers and words), VAT, etc.

So it is possible.

Sourabh

Laptoping
The printed stationary is not that costly. If the bills are for very small purchases and in huge volumes, then it can be a costly affair. We use two-color pre-printed stationary with 2 extra copies with carbon papers giving 1 main and 2 copies for filing. It does not cost more than 1 Re. per bill. Then again it also saves your printing cost. To keep the costs to a minimum, use continuous stationary with a dot matrix printer.

Moreover, the items and their details should not be an issue. Tally is very good at decreasing the font size to fit things in. The pre-printed stationary we use can fit in 7-8 items with ease. You can always divide the bill as a last resort. Not sure about the continuation in the bill, would have to check it.

OP
M

mobileman

In the zone
well,
can any one tell me, what is the price of tally 7.1 ? and i thnk,whn v r buying the org version,thy will provide person to teach us the essential usage.isn't it?

i m n kerala,in kannur

waiting to seevyour's guidance

wt lov

tuxfan

Technomancer
I think Tally 8.1 is already out, 7.2 is outdated. Have a look at *www.tallysolutions.com.

I don't think they will teach you how to use the software! However, there are paid training programs and lots of books available on it which you can refer. They also have customer support via telephone which you can use in case of need.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Mobileman, When you buy Tally software. You get only the software!! For training
in Tally software checkout Tally Academy click here
Tally Academy institute is almost everywhere in most cities throughout India.

Advantages of Tally Academy:

You will get 5 books of tally and learn 8.1 the latest version . Each book from Tally Academy
has more then 200 entries. And each book is pertaining to separate type of organizations.
So your need to learn tally and exercise will be full filled.
More over About tax structure like VAT, Service tax, TDS, FBT, Excise etc and their entries
are also there in the books. So you need no separate training in this.
Lastly you would get tally certification. TCP (Tally Certified Professional ) can command
more salary and gets three interview chances from tally India itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom