A COMPLETE REVIEW: System Mechanic®7 Professional

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Nice to see valuable feedback! Thanks. :)

blackleopard92 said:
it's a great review
i got a question. does system mechanic put up some start up programs? and runs background programs?

Yes. It adds start-up entries and some processes depending uopn which services you activate. Activating AntiVirus, Firewall and Standard Shield will add up more processes.

Last edited:
OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Mahesh,
Pro version comes with in-built security features .i.e. Antivirus and Firewall. If you need these too, then go for Pro, else stick to std version.
Note that the effectiveness of these in-built antivirus & firewall is hard to tell right now.

monkey

Padawan
Nice review. Just for info: I own Sys Mech Prof 6 and it too has AV and firewall inbuilt. So it is not new feature for Sys Mech 7.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Well crafted review. Thanx.

Somehow its a bloatware. Version 5 is still the best offering from Iolo.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I appreciate all your feedbacks....
T159, I don't agree that System Mechanic®7 is a bloatware. There are lot of improvements in the engines. I also used System Mechanic® earlier versions. The latest version comsumes far less resource than its older versions. The best change which one could easily notice is the new interface. It is much stable and well organised. HDD defragmenter works faster and consumes less resource in version 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom