_ FILM INDUSTRY'S FIRST _ Dhoom 2 DVD Audio (Dolby Digital | DTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
----------------------
*www.yashrajfilms.com/OnlineStore/MusicIndividual.aspx?CatalogID=a4a74bbf-a235-4d9f-93e2-5eb6d48ea43c&CategoryID=84fa647c-7ebc-41dc-8073-3201db28f664
*www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=14305
----------------------

In an industry first, the music of Yash Raj Films’ Dhoom 2 has been released on the DVD-Audio format. All the tracks have been mixed in London in 5.1 Surround Sound and audiophiles can choose the format from the audio menu.

The album makes use of the DVD-Audio format in other ways as well. The lyrics can be viewed on-screen as the music is playing, thus enabling Karaoke sing-along. The theatrical trailer of the movie is also available on the DVD, as well as a credits page that can be viewed optionally.

The lyrics for which are also available on screen. Rounding up the package is a gallery of pictures from the movies, as an optional feature, states an official release
.Additionally,four tracks have also been include:
Chand Sifarish (Fanaa), Kajra Re (Bunty aur Babli), Salaam Namaste (Salaam Namaste) and Halla Re (Neal 'n' Nikki).

*www.yashrajfilms.com/Images/Product/a4a74bbf-a235-4d9f-93e2-5eb6d48ea43c/d2dvdaud_bottom.jpg

Last edited:
OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
I personally dont give a F about D2, but if I have 300 INR left in my pocket i would buy it for the additional tracks.

I hope they launch an A R Rehman collectors edition sell like hot cakes!

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Dhoom 2 doesn't have good enough music which can make ppl empty their pockets. it had to be something better.

G

gxsaurav

atleast they relesed it, somebady had to start doing something new

But trust me, India seriously needs online music store

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav said:
atleast they relesed it, somebady had to start doing something new

But trust me, India seriously needs online music store
The first link is direct to online store. It offers "digital downloads" . I think the never thought about advertising.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
W i d e S c r e e N said:
I personally dont give a F about D2, but if I have 300 INR left in my pocket i would buy it for the additional tracks.

I hope they lauch an A R Rehman collectors edition sell like hot cakes!

Same thing here.
But whats different in DVDAudio than in CDA? 5.1 sound??

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
CD-audio is encoded in 16-bit and has a max sampling rate of 44kHz.

DVD-audio is encoded in 24-bit and has a max saapling rate of 192kHz. The DVD's that we see outside normally have 96kHz sampling rate because with 192kHz, max of 2 channels can be added. The max. sampling rate for full surround (5.1) is 96kHz.

This means that you can pack more amount of detail into DVD audio disc than that in audio CD.

The difference between cassette (8-bit and 16kHz) and CD is almost similar to difference between CD and DVD.

Due to the availability of more number of bits and higher sampling rate, DVD has higher fidelity and more number of channels can be added. Right now, the max. number of channels that can be created in DVD is 6.

I would say that with DVD-Audio, we can hear music at concert quality

G

gxsaurav

i downloaded the digital songs, they are DRM protected WMA. Well, DRM is evil....so not downloading them again, already have them encoded in WMA unprotected from original CD

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
good technology wasted on bad product...same as Fuel injection on crappy Hero Honda Glamour....

G

gxsaurav

ashnik said:
good technology wasted on bad product...same as Fuel injection on crappy Hero Honda Glamour....

Off topid : What is this feature?

K

krazyfrog

Actually DVD-Audio has enough potential to make anything sound good, even the music of Dhoom2. And now that Dhoom2 music is available on DVD-A, others will soon follow suit and come with their own versions of DVD-A. This will directly result in drop of DVD-A players prices. Regular audio CDs will also get cheaper.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
gxsaurav said:
Off topid : What is this feature?

In new hero honda Glamour (125 CC bike) they have used Fuel injection technology of cars ( AKA MPFI), which has increased the fuel efficiency ie KMPL and smoothened the engine. But while doing this they haven't increased the power at all and stragely priced it at 60 K bucks, price similar to bajaj Pulsar 150.
But old Glamour with carburator was good enough.

So hardly nebody has bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom