8X on PCI-X G-card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey guyzzz I was planning to upgrade to AMD 64 + PCI-X mobo.
So I just wanted to ask that will my ASUS 5700(which is AGP 8X based) G-card work on PCI-X based mobo.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
If it works that will I get any proper performance gain as AMD 64 3000+ itself is very powerful.
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Thanks!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:eek: .. sheeeeeeesh rachit...c'mon buddy stop this fetish of urs regarding emoticons...!!!

have noticed that u REGULARLY use these kind of emoticons,kind of gets irritating....so AVOID them..

nd for ur issue.....u CANNOT use AGP card in ur PCI-EX mobo....
uinstead of initiating a new thread why dont u use google first????
:evil:

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for your advice about regarding emoticons, but actually it is my silly little brother as we sit on the net together.

Oh yes and why cant we use AGP card in my PCI-EX mobo.!!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
dude...did you even bother reading up about PC-E at all ? Its a completely different technology which is not only for graphic cards but also for the whole motherboard. So right now none of the board supports both. And also physically the slots for the PCI-E and AGP is completely different. So you cant use it. Next time dude just research a lil will u.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
what is the 1x,2x4x,8x and 16x PCI-E?? i mean with what reference is it taken (like is 1x equivalent to the agp standard?)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom