Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Can anybody tell me the best AGP card 8x/4x compatible with its price tag? I have ASRock 775i45GV motherboard.:confused:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I myselft wanna buy an 8x AGP soon for my aging desktop. I think at the max we may get 7300GT 512 mb (about 4k). Tho there were 7600GT AGP in the market they seem to haf mysteriously vanished!

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
I myselft wanna buy an 8x AGP soon for my aging desktop. I think at the max we may get 7300GT 512 mb (about 4k). Tho there were 7600GT AGP in the market they seem to haf mysteriously vanished!

I buyed XFX GeForce 7300GT 512MB but it is 16x, also checked XFX GeForce 8500GT 256MB it has also the same which is not supported with the motherboard I have. Do you any hint, so I would inquire.

What sud I do now?:(

sysrq

Banned
6600 gt 128 gddr3 will beat 7300 gt ddr2 :p
if any one interested ,i have one :),
we can negotiate bit.......
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79485
let me know if any one interested......

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz
@dhanusaud if u got a card with 16x interface...then its not an agp card its pci-e card.
for motherboards old as intels 845 then...u shud opt for 6600gt's or 6800gt or 7600gt at max...any higher card will b too tight for pockets n too heavy for cpu to handle(bottlenecking).

sysrq

Banned
I buyed XFX GeForce 7300GT 512MB but it is 16x, also checked XFX GeForce 8500GT 256MB it has also the same which is not supported with the motherboard I have. Do you any hint, so I would inquire.

i see a ray of light......:-D:mrgreen::-D:mrgreen::twisted:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

What you bought and what you quoted (8500GT) are both PCI-E cards and will NOT work with your mobo. You specifically need to buy AGP cards for which you need to confirm that a brown AGP slot exists on your mobo.

The fastest AGP card is 7600GT afaik. The performance is in this hierarchy; the cost is just the reverse.

7600GT > 6800GT > 6600GT > 7300GT > 7300GS

Buy any card within your budget with at least 256MB RAM.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys,

Please go to this link *www.asrock.com/mb/vga.asp?Model=775i45GV and verify the best model. The manufacturer is recommending me any AGP card listed there.

Also, let me know that any card listed there are capable for vista aero features.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Oops! Thats a problem. Your mobo doesn't haf an AGP slot but an AGI slot. The fastest among them is the 6800 card. Try to get that if possi or get 6600.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Anyway guys, I have planned to kick this motherboard at all. I am going to buy a new one which supports 16x interface, DDR2 & Vista. I took this decision becoz I have already purchased XFX 7300GT 512MB, I don't want to loose 4k.

I guess this will be better for me further use also.:cool:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ That card is kinda obsolete! :D doesn't support DX10 and is a not even a top of the line DX9 card.

but anyway your new proc + mobo will run for an year or two :)

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^ That card is kinda obsolete! :D doesn't support DX10 and is a not even a top of the line DX9 card.

but anyway your new proc + mobo will run for an year or two :)

No matter I will sell it.:D

Wait a min...guys,

See I hv searched some AGP 8X from I-net.

1) XFX PVT73KYAL3 GeForce 7600GS
2) XFX PFT71KUDF3 GeForce 7900GS
3) XFX GeForce 7950GT
4) XFX GeForce 7600GT
5) ATI Radeon X1600 Pro

These all cards supports 8x interface but don't know about 4x. Whatever it may I just need 8x interface.:p

Now, plz let me know the best card for windows vista aero feature and also driver for vista as well. I will really glad if you choose the best one for me.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
all of the above cards run aero .. 7900GS is the best but ur cpu will be a bottleneck for it. get the 7600GT ..

also , see if u can find the agp version of hd2600xt .

all 8x cards are compatible for 4x slot though they will run slower.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks guys,

I found the way for solution. At last I asked www.xfxforce.com. They provided me the link for XFX AGP 8X Products. I am going to the retailer to ask for the same. See below for more information.
*i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii280/dhanusaud/AGP8X.jpg
Sorry for large image but I think this will help me as well as everybody, who are seeking for 8x AGP cards.

Thanks guys for your response to me.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
the question was not which agp cards were manufactured . .. its availability .

You are right but I don't mean that I want discontinued product from XFX or for any manufacturer or whatever it may be. I mean any model in above list will be capable for windows vista, that's what I want.:rolleyes:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ok . but more than half of the cards u listed wont be available in the market .
so depending on availability , choose one of hd2600xt , 7600GT , 7600GS , hd 2400xt , 7300GT .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom