8GB laptop

arunavapal

Right off the assembly line
I wish to buy a new gaming laptop and was wondering whether the slew of laptops with 8GB of RAM ever going to use the entire 8GB ever, if yes under what kind of application load? Finally considering that I will either play a game or multitask with anywhere between 5-10 Chrome tabs, Word and Excel open. So do I really need 8GB?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
not all of *GB will be utilised now, with the kind of usage you have said.. but i that 8GB will come in handy in the future. if you are getting 8GB in your budget, go for it ;)

nikufellow

In the zone
To be honest does it really matter these days as you could easily buy and add em as and when required - gone are the days when ram sticks would cost you a ransom. What i mean to say is that ram doesn't have to be the deciding factor anymore.

OP
A

arunavapal

To be honest does it really matter these days as you could easily buy and add em as and when required - gone are the days when ram sticks would cost you a ransom. What i mean to say is that ram doesn't have to be the deciding factor anymore.

Actually thats what I was thinking.If I am not going to use *GB RAM now and 4GB would suffice for the moment, I may as well buy a 4GB and save on capital. But if 4GB is going to be a bottleneck in a gaming laptop, then I might as well shell out the extra dough and get good performance

Gtb93

In the zone
Actually thats what I was thinking.If I am not going to use *GB RAM now and 4GB would suffice for the moment, I may as well buy a 4GB and save on capital. But if 4GB is going to be a bottleneck in a gaming laptop, then I might as well shell out the extra dough and get good performance

I doubt there's any good 'gaming' laptop with a 4gb config.

The kind of graphic card that indian laptops come with, I don't think 4 gb ram will become bottleneck.

Hrishi

Don't care about the RAM size while buying a laptop[upgrading ram is the least of concerns and cheapest of all.] . Frequency does make a sense , whether its 1600mhz or 1333mhz.

For a gaming machine , its depends what sort of gaming are you planning to do. Casual gaming will suffice with average entry level GPUs like 610m or 620m .[30-35k laptops]
For a more advanced gaming machine , Go for laptops with Ci5 and at least GT630m or 7640g+7670 crossfire.[35-60k laptops]
FOr extreme gaming , nothing else but the Allienware.[80k+]

OP
A

arunavapal

Don't care about the RAM size while buying a laptop[upgrading ram is the least of concerns and cheapest of all.] . Frequency does make a sense , whether its 1600mhz or 1333mhz.

For a gaming machine , its depends what sort of gaming are you planning to do. Casual gaming will suffice with average entry level GPUs like 610m or 620m .[30-35k laptops]
For a more advanced gaming machine , Go for laptops with Ci5 and at least GT630m or 7640g+7670 crossfire.[35-60k laptops]

I am planning on the Dell 15R SE
Core i7 3632QM
4GB RAM 1600Mhz
AMD Radeon 7730 2GB DDR3

$hadow

Geek in making
:+1:

Totally agree with you man.

And if possible try to buy small quantity of ram rather going for 8gb straight away since they cost more
Once price goes down get yourself a higher version.

Hrishi

I am planning on the Dell 15R SE
Core i7 3632QM
4GB RAM 1600Mhz
AMD Radeon 7730 2GB DDR3

Good laptop , though somewhere I read that 2GB Vram is never used as such. [Unless you are gaming on 1080p at extreme textures , AA.]

Hrishi

The problem is just that if you can get similar product in similar price range than why to settle for less.
I think he's asking about the "hole this laptop will burn in your wallet".[ The price ] .
YOu took it the other way. :haha:

Top Bottom