88% and more of Linux Users are male! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
According to gridter.com survey more than 88% of Linux users are male.
*www.gridter.com/cgi-bin/survey/survey.cgi

So Girls hate Linux. is it right?:eek:

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
As I think, they don't want to learn more & so limit themselves to windows only.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Linux does not come pre-installed on most computers, girls hate installing an OD too - they prefer point and click installation which doesn't happen with OS. And the fact is Linux isn't as easy to use as Windows whose ease of use attracts people (but is also the reason for its viruses and spyware installation, it takes a few clicks to install one).

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Girls are more attracted towards windows because of its looks and ease of use. They want it the easy way...:D

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
hmmmm..... what a topic..... i guess girls are not interested to experiment much ....... they want to go on with common path...

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I do not think so. I have found the level of interest/disinterest the same in both boys and girls. The problem I feel is girls have taken a little time to take to computers, and so the perceptible lag.

Vyasram

The pWnster
girls prefer mac the most, but due to cost/compatibilty , they use windows,
but i didn't expect the ratio to be this low for linux

hard_rock

Salieri Family
What gals want...
A music player to listen songs and a mediaplayer to watch movies
An IM client to chat
A web browser (IE) which almost all gals think the only means to surf web.
Thats it... All this Windows provides..Why will they bother to Install linux and face some buzzwords like grub,yast etc etc n again face a problem of installing plugins to add mp3/mpeg support to linux..
They dont bother much..A computer is just an entertainment BOX 4 them..

Note: These points are valid for most of the gals..not for those who are genuinely into IT field.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
One thing i know about girls, they don't like to configure their computers. Weather it's Windows, Mac or Linux.

Just give them a pre-configured computer, with sweet looks, eye candy & they will like it. I made a user for my sister in Windows Vista & filled it with everything in front of the eyes in start menu with proper names, like Yahoo messenger shortcut was names "chat", & she addored the look :D, didn't even cared what it is or how to configure anything.

The reason maximum girls like Mac, cos it looks cute & beautiful. Add to a it a pink & white aqua skin, & it will rock

What gals want...
A music player to listen songs and a mediaplayer to watch movies
An IM client to chat
A web browser (IE) which almost all gals think the only means to surf web.
Thats it... All this Windows provides..Why will they bother to Install linux and face some buzzwords like grub,yast etc etc n again face a problem of installing plugins to add mp3/mpeg support to linux..
They dont bother much..A computer is just an entertainment BOX 4 them..

U are absolutely right. Kudos for the entertainment box line. I actully know a gal, who gave her computer the name akalmand dabba:D

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
^^
U have described all the things clearly. One more thing, most of the gals working in IT field, don't try to experiment, they just complete the project given to them & that's all. (Reliable Source - My friends working in IT companies) :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom