865 vs 915

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satissh S

Youngling
Recently i went to a dealer. When i asked him to show me the 915GV mobo from intel. He strongly recommended me that i don't by it and 865 is much bettre . I had actually went to by for my frend and i use a 865 at home now. His reasons were that:
1. it was very crippled and very delicate
2. he had just receivd a return stating that it hangs a lot.
3. also that the processor used were without the pins as they were in the mobo itself and also had excessive heating du to it and it has only sata drives.
What you guys think abouit this :?:

Note that the abov linz are'nt my opinion! :cry:

Iam just a bit confused about his words! help needed urgently! :roll:

Most dealers are only worried about their margins. Also, they try to avoid returns by not recommending products which they get most complaints on. In fact the actual problems may lie somewhere else and not with the motherboard (eg: wrong spec/cheap power supplies, incompatible
components etc)

Go talk to other dealers in your area and ask for opinions.

Always demand 100% Satisshfaction :wink:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well u came at a surprise 2 me with this....865 is old now....surely itz time for i915 mobos..i required 2 update mine from i845 to 865...now im recomended 915 but the fact is i can go for none as i have p4 1.8 cpu where these mobos support 2ghz +...anywez gud luk dude...
cheers

nikhil

Broken In
i have an intel 865 m/b and i am quite satisfied with it's performance....but overall the 915 m/b are much better..they give better performance...as far as the overheating problems are concerned...try using more cooling fans..if that doesn't help(especially in summer time) try keeping the cabinet door open so that there is better ventilation

nikhil

Broken In
had an amd system before this 865 system it died on me though overheating ...amd is quite famous fot it in their older cpu's

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey dude i was using an intel original 865gbf board before and rite now i am having the intel original d915gav and i am shocked that ur dealer has made all these wrong remarks about the i915 . the i915 is much much better than the 865 chipset in terms of perfomance and features. See these are the features that u will get in the 915 that thte 865 doesnt have ,
1. On board Directx 9 capable intel graphics media acelerator which is a very very decent on board gpu solution.

2. Intel High definiton audio which is also a very good onboard audio solution.

3. Support for the latest LGA-775 processors including the new Intel 64-bit processors.

4. PCI Expres interface . Keep in mind that AGP will be history sooner or later.

Overall this board is future ready and power packed. I havent faced any such problems as your stupid dealer mentioned. I think he just wants to clear his old stock of 865's. Go for the i915 dude.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Satissh S said:
His reasons were that:
1. it was very crippled and very delicate
2. he had just receivd a return stating that it hangs a lot.
3. also that the processor used were without the pins as they were in the mobo itself and also had excessive heating du to it and it has only sata drives.

i really hate when dealers do these kind of cr@p just to sell off their products...

:arrow: EVERY PC component is delicate,wont 865 break when u let it fall?? nd when the dealer asks abt delicacy nd all..does he care to be cautious in handling these devices?? i bet he wud not have even heard abt anti static wrist straps or measures to take care of static... :evil:

:arrow: he recvd a return stating that PC hangs a lot...nd u think intel will replace the board with this cr@p statement??? PC hangs only becoz of motherboard???? such excuses....sheeeeeeeesh :roll: :roll:

:arrow: if the pins are on the motherboard then EXCESSIVE heating takes place,but when the pins are on the processor then the temp is really coooool.....rite????? damn what the hell pins have to do with temp??? imroper arrangement of heat sink nd fan will do wonders to CPU irrespective of the pins....

DONT EVER GO WITH THE DEALERS CONFIG....have a handy config in mind and on paper after researching on net,forums,mags,frnds...nd insist ONLY on predecided components... :wink:

lavan_joy

Journeyman
Your dealer told lies to you.I didn't get any compalints from my customer for 915 series

I think he wants to sell his old stocks of 865 motherboards to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom