8600GT a joke, from nVidia (Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
Ok,

It's been a while since the mid range 8 series graphics cards are out, and they have been nothing more than disappointment, for instance, 8600GT is supposed to outperform 7600GT, but it DOES NOT
*www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=637&p=0

why the hell would one buy these cards, they are feeding the consumers the DX10 crap, anyone in the right mind would anyday choose a better performance at lower cost than DX10 support in mid segment, afterall how many DX10 features will a 8600GT (which is poorer than 7600GT) render properly....

Please present ur views on this.... No offense to anyone purchased the 8600 series cards, but I would like to know the reasons why you did so, inspite of their disastrous performance.

assasin

Banned
i dont think that even fully optimised drivers will increase their performance by a gr8 xtent.
waitin 2 see how ATI fares with their DX10 cards so that i can finally buy one.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Also read at most place that the 128-bit memory interface really hampers the full potential of 8600GT. Can't think why would nvidia release a DX10 card with 128-bit interface, the minimum should be 256-bit. Lets hope that ATI does a better job at this price range.

OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
gx_saurav said:
Does poor, unoptimised, new drivers rings a bell?

Will u honestly bank on a newer driver release for a performance rise that big to make their price justifiable, u gotta be kidding me....

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
gx_saurav said:
Does poor, unoptimised, new drivers rings a bell?

Lol ... this is becoming the crappiest reason behind poor performance .. why is it so hard to face the facts ?? Nvidia tried to play smart by sending out cards that perform good in benchmarks , and in real app. like games , performs below the expected level .. lol ..

assasin

Banned
Kniwor said:
On a side note, let me remind u that the 8600GT does beat 7600GT in all 3dmark benchmarks.

does that mean that nvidia is optimising their drivers only to showoff their cards prowess in Benchmarks and not in games???
it cud be that the present games r not optimised to utilize the unified shader model architecture of the 8 series gfx cards

cynosure

UbuntuUser
There was this guy in the forum who bought the Zebronics 8600GT (I read in his signature). Where is he??? Even I plan to buy a Zebronics 8800GT 640MB:D:D next month (If ATI cards are a mess) if that guy is happy with the performance.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
He (sabret00the) bought the Card, but yet to assemble his PC, may be he will do it tonight (Sat'day) so will get report after a day or 2 may be :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom