80 k build

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.' Vague answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work.)
Ans: My main purpose is vfx and graphics work plus fast rendering. Softwares using will be Adobe PhotoshopCC 2020, Illustrator CC 2020, Premiere Pro CC 2020, After Effects CC 2020, Maya 2020. Rest normal softwares.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then please mention.
Ans: 80 to 90

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No really, not sure if needed.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10 latest version.

5. How much hard drive / solid-state drive space is needed?
Ans: SSD 500 gb HDD 2TB minimum

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention the screen size and resolution you prefer. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, then do mention the screen size and resolution of the monitor you have.
Ans: Yes, 24" or 27" 4k resolution.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy? i.e. which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a month maximum.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before? Or, will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have an assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Want online preferable. lives in mumbai

This is for my cousin brother.

monkey

Padawan
I think you should wait a few more days for purchase as AMD will be releasing RDNA2 GFX card and Zen-3 CPUs this month...It will give a clearer picture of where all hardware stuff stands.

For something right now, maybe below mentioned rig. Suggesting Intel because Adobe apps run better on Intel CPUs, also you can use Quicksync on Premiere Pro:

CPU - Intel i5 10400 - 15.6k

Mobo - MSI B460M Pro VDH WiFi - 10.3k

RAM - 1x16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 5k

GPU - Zotac GTX 1650 Super - 15k

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 1TB - 10k

PSU - Corsair CX550 - 5k

Cabinet -MSI MAG Forge 100M or other mid tower ATX - 4.7k **

Monitor - LG 24UD58 24" 4K IPS - 26.5k

Total - 92.1

*~500GB recommended for storing OS + 4 games or so. Add more SSD in the future when prices drop.

** Get any case you like with meshed front for optimal airflow

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price.

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
For something right now, maybe below mentioned rig. Suggesting Intel because Adobe apps run better on Intel CPUs, also you can use Quicksync on Premiere Pro:

CPU - Intel i5 10400 - 15.6k

Mobo - MSI B460M Pro VDH WiFi - 10.3k

RAM - 1x16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 5k

GPU - Zotac GTX 1650 Super - 15k

M.2 SSD - Kingston A2000/WD SN550 1TB - 10k

PSU - Corsair CX550 - 5k

Cabinet -MSI MAG Forge 100M or other mid tower ATX - 4.7k **

Monitor - LG 24UD58 24" 4K IPS - 26.5k

Total - 92.1

*~500GB recommended for storing OS + 4 games or so. Add more SSD in the future when prices drop.

** Get any case you like with meshed front for optimal airflow

Check primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot, vedant computers, onlyssd (online stores) for PC parts at a good price.
any eqivalent for AMD...brother is a fanboy of AMD

monkey

Padawan
For AMD you can opt for R5 3600 + MSI B450 VDH PRO. Rest config can be as suggested by @omega44-xt
But do confirm if any software gets impacted negatively by going for AMD CPU..

any eqivalent for AMD...brother is a fanboy of AMD
I almost never recommend Intel, but as said, Adobe runs better on Intel. If you can wait, I highly recommend waiting till November. New AMD CPUs should be out. Successor of R5 3600 should be priced at 20k.

Otherwise, just replace these parts on above rig:
CPU: AMD R5 3600 - 17.5k
Mobo: Gigabyte B550M DS3H - 9.5k

Also, 2x8GB RAM performs better than 1x16GB for same type of RAM because of advantages of dual channel (about 10% benefit based on task). I suggested 1x16GB because the tasks you mentioned are RAM heavy at time, so better to have headroom to upgrade to 64GB in future ( 4x16GB).

acer xv272u 27 inch is a good monitor?
how good is the vrm for DS3H?
VRM temps are totally fine as it will be paired with Ryzen 5. Check the pic below but do note that it uses R9 3900X which uses a lot more power:

mobo VRM all B550 (1).png

on the other note.....which gpu can support that 1440p @144Hz ?
Any new GPU will but if you want to play games at that resolution, at least an RTX 2060. Why your interest in 1440p 144Hz monitors? I didn't put a powerful GPU with that rig, 90k will get you a much more powerful gaming rig.

Top Bottom