7600GS does not work on ASUS A8N-VM !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
On friday,14-7, I bought following config for a friend

AMD 3500+
ASUS A8N-VM mobo
512*Twinmos 400Mhz
Seagate 160GB
VIp 500W SMPS

and

BIG 7600GS 256 MB PCIe card

but the problem is that this card doesn't work on this mobo
When I install this card on mobo in PCIe slot and connect the monitor's data cable to it, I don't get the beep and display

but when i remove the card and use onboard vga all work well

I have tried the card on another A8N-VM too, but no success. PLZ help

If u guys think that i need a bios upgrade, then plz give me the exact linc to the file. I have never ever upgraded the BIOS of ne mobo. I had visited Asus site, but could not get the particular BIOS upgrade for A8N-VM. May be i was looking at right places. plz help.

BTW, can some one assure me that this 7600GS card will definitely run on MSi K8ngm2-L mobo w/o ne BIOS upgrade?
I need one more PC with same config 4 another friend.

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
thx 4 quick reply buddy, i'll try that BIOS update. nvidia drivers is the later thing, let the sys boot atleast. this card is sh*tting me

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Did you disable the onboard video?
This is necessary as your are shifting the cable of the montior to a stand alone card whereas the default of the motherboard is set to recognise the onboard video and hence won't boot up.Head out to the BIOS settings and disable the shared video memory first and then if there is a settings present to shift onboard to PCI-E enable it.This should do the trick.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Allwyn hit the spot. I think the problem is due to the onboard video. Disable it and the card should work just fine.

OP
A

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
@allwyn
well i have tried every possible setting at the northbridge in BIOS. Actually there is no way that we can completely disable the onboard VGA. there are only 2 options,
1)IGP->PCIe->PCI
2)PCI->PCIe->IGP
Not only this, I also tried to make the onboard buffer zero MB, but still the sys refused to boot.

@MUKUL
the 3500+ and A8N-VM combo fetched me 10.5K

I'll post the BIOS upgrade report soon.

BTW, which mobo will run this card out of box. As i Have said I need to build another sys.

mukul

Journeyman
thanks for the price

this can be run at A8N E ...5500 bucks
better ,stable ...and prtty featured Mobo....its better choice 4 u as u have a graphic card ....while A8N VM is for ones lukin for integrated solution...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom