6600 GT AGP is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKant

In the zone
It was released on Nov.16. Go here for IGN's take on it, and here for [H]ardOCP's.

Nice benchies :D. The HSI bridge (PCIX to AGP) doesn't seem to have made any diff at all! Great buy for 200$! (Of coz in India it will cost a hell lot more :()

gamefreak14

Journeyman
This is the card I'm looking for ....now retails at 219$...will be a good buy at 125$...Anandtech says this is the card which gives most value for money right now. Ypo can get more reviews on it there.

OP
D

DKant

In the zone
Yup! Go here for Anandtech's review.

Pretty much the same opinion across the board...THE best ~$200 card out in the market (considering it equals and quite a lot of times beats the 9800 Pro comprehensively!). Of course, it's great on Source as well.

OP
D

DKant

In the zone
14-15..hmm.. That makes the choice a li'l harder :|

BTW 6800nu costs quite a bit more than 14-15K right? About 18 if my guess is right, or even 20. :?

[flAsh]

In the zone
hey i jst want a GFX card on which Doom3, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., HALF-LIFE 2, Shadow OPS etc. can b played with good FPS (I mean above 40 at all the scenes) at 1024*768 res. that's it.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
FLASH that you aint gonna be able to do with the 6600GT series. U'll need an 6800 series either Ultra or the 6800GT....

haX0r

Right off the assembly line
Guys why aint you ppl mentioning the X800 series, they are also good. Especially the X800XT PE, it has managed to beat Nvidea 6800 Ultra extrme.

haX0r

Sinnet

Broken In
doh
i got a ATi Radeon 9600 w/256 MB :)
and i run DOOM3 at 1024x768 allsettings HIGH :)
and i see no problem why things arent going well :)
just cos u wanna run all games doesnt mean u have to buy the BEST card out there :D
and flash - a ATi 9800 would be a better buy considering price and performance :)

in 9800 u can easily get a non pro or a pro and overclock it to XT levels using
RAMsinks and more airflow :D
enjoy :)

kiran_aryan

Peter Petrelli
Not for 150$, it is priced 220$ and above. Anyway, forget XFX, Pine manufacturers. Go for Gainward, MSI and other reputed manufacturers. BTW, MSI is offering URU, XIII, Prince of Persia Sands of time / Splinter cell pandora tomorrow

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
kiran_aryan said:
Not for 150$, it is priced 220$ and above. Anyway, forget XFX, Pine manufacturers. Go for Gainward, MSI and other reputed manufacturers. BTW, MSI is offering URU, XIII, Prince of Persia Sands of time / Splinter cell pandora tomorrow

heey!

iam thinking of buying geforce FX 5700ultra 256MB .. but the manufacturer is "pine"....for 7000???...
nymore card choices within 7000 - 8000 with 256MB ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom