60D or 70D Buying advice

OP
A

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
i'm still unsure about the body .... but for the lens kit...
How about this?

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens - 7600 ( wont this one alone be enough for macro...? ( I dunno much ) )
Canon EF 70-200 mm f/4L USM Lens - 56,635 OR Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Lens - 47K (which do you think is better... L lens without IS is usable? )
18-55 kit lens free

i dont think i'll need to buy an external flash right away and i also wont be needing the tripod just yet.... Bag.. i'm pretty sure i'll for if i buy locally

what are your thoughts on the above mentioned things???

Also, *www.flipkart.com/canon-ef-s-55-250...n+ef&ref=873b707f-1adb-4869-ba65-08853e516f14

Is this a good deal? why is priced so low? Does the image quality suffer???

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I have that 55-250 its a good sharp lens for the money with great IS at 250mm,but yes you cant compare it a L series in anyway. At extreme lenghts it tends to make the image softer by a bit. Its great between 150mm and 200 mm though.Color reproduction is good too if not amazing.Its bright too.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
FK quote for 55-250 seems to be on the expensive side. You can get it for around ~9k. I guess the prices of other lenses too are from FK. If so, they most likely to be more expensive than other places.

50mm f/1.8 is one of the best (may be "the best") VFM lens one can get. But it's not a macro lens, you can try macro with that lens using "reverse lens" technique. But there are some +/- in trying that. Read more about it, if you wanna try.
I have read people opting for Tamron 70-300 for ~25k rather than Canon 70-300. I don't know which one is best between the two.
Yes, IS matters a lot esp. for tele lens. And also check out third party lenses too, like Tamron 70-200 f/2.8. Just a food for thought.

sujoyp

Grand Master
ok nac and Inci have told you most things

1. canon 50mm dont have aperture ring...soo its almost difficult to use it revered for macro ...soo no you can not use it for macro purpose
2. 70-200 f4 L is a specilised lens and not for starters...and its not at all helpful in wildlife
3. Canon 70-300 is too expensive and overpriced ...better get Tamron 70-300 VC USD for 25k ...Canon 55-250 dont have USM or ultra sonic motor inside..so slow to focus then other two
4. Bag - get anything but from proper company...you dont want to keep your 1.3 lakh camera items in a 1k bag ...buy a good paded waterproof bag

nac

Aspiring Novelist
People are discussing about 70D focusing issue in another forum. Here is the link... Check out this before deciding.

Top Bottom