5G Phone

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I think we now should look for 5G phones.

Xiaomi and OnePlus has already launched "5G Ready" phones in India.

What to look for and how long should we wait for a decent 5G phone?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Has 5g auction even been done? We barely get 25% of actual 4g speeds. Doubt getting 5g in promise of gigabit mobile network would be any useful

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has 5g auction even been done? We barely get 25% of actual 4g speeds. Doubt getting 5g in promise of gigabit mobile network would be any useful
That's again because of congestion.

Mobile network theoretical speeds = cumulative speed provided to all users connected to one tower.

Investing in 5G phone is a waste of money, PERIOD.

Even 4G took some years to take off after the auctions, 5G auctions hasn't even happened yet. Airtel & Voda-Idea are in debt & BSNL is just launching its 4G. Jio, well, they are trying hard to earn money they invested in those predatory pricing (free data) & buying competition commission of India.

Maybe in 2 years 5G will be mainstream in US, EU & China, so we will get a lot of 5G phones without paying a premium to get 5G chip. Even by then, I doubt India will have anything more than some 5G test zones, like its in US now.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I think bullet train will arrive before 5G in India.
That's not happening.

Still 4G speeds and network is myth outside City area.
You need to get out of home and search for network also speeds are upto 100kBps.

Talking about Jio.

Airtel does great where Jio doesn't, talking about network and speed.

Most of the people still using 2g 3g phones and non volte phones.

Last edited:
*www.financialexpress.com/infrastru...uisition-to-be-completed-in-6-months/1854221/

Here in Delhi-NCR jio speed is good in many areas but airtel is also good, worst is Idea/Vodafone.
In Bengaluru, airtel is bad, 1Mbps at low congestion times, don't get higher speeds even in small bursts. BSNL & jio works better. Voda is not so good from what I heard.

Top Bottom