5700 ULTRA 256MB or 9600PRO 128MB ???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
ey grinnie n other GC geeks,i'm plannin 2 replace my 9600pro with a MSI GF FX 5700 Ultra 256MB.wat u say? .....gosh....wat am i doin here????got 2 study a lot....its so urgent pals.....do give a reply soon....... ...pls pls pls..dont tell 2 search in the forum as i'm feelin dizzy with studies right now.......

Delpiero

Journeyman
Pretty tough to decide a winner between 9600 pro and 5700 ultra, but 9600 XT definitely beats the 5700U. I think stick to ur 9600pro because 5700 shows low frame rates when you turn on AA and ANIS when compared to 9600 pro. 5700 ultra is expensive as well, get a 6600GT instead @ 14.5K.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: cant wait till ur exams na???
well...well.....5700ultra....?? ((my personal favorite over 9600PRO..

my likings.... >
9600XT >> geforce 5700ultra >> 9600PRO ))

do check out these links...
[/url]*tinyurl.com/5vzbn[/url]

nd these too....
*tinyurl.com/5kvdc
*tinyurl.com/52njw
*tinyurl.com/4hlep
*tinyurl.com/6vtc3
*tinyurl.com/3n9om
*tinyurl.com/5u7v8

:shock: :shock: pheeeeeeeeeeew u make me sweat buddy....nyway just for u hunted the web....have a luk nd DO NOT THINK ABT GFX CARDS TILL UR EXAMS ARE GOING!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
hey grinnie,i'll remember this for ever....thanks a ton 4 doin the dirty work 4 me... :lol: :lol: :lol: ....i hav ordered the ultra....c u all on 10th...........

Major-Minor

Broken In
What!!!!, you actually ordered for the Fx5700U, inspite of having the 9600pro, why??. You should have gone for a higher end card instead of wasting your money for a card of the same mid-range level. Plus the Nvidia FX series sucks at dx9.0 games ( now you will have to play HL-2 using the dx8.1 path, instead of the dx 9.0 eye candy effects which were possible on your 9600pro). You should have gone in for the 6600GT AGP, or better waited, saved up some money and gone in for an x800xl (AGP - which is expected to release in two months time - I think).
You could have sold your 9600pro for say 6k or abouts (assuming it was 6 months old) and put in some more for the 6600GT, OR gone in for the more superior (to the 9600p and the 5700U) 9800pro/xt. Can't your order be cancelled or something?.

Anyways, I hope you do well in your exams.

Geforce

Journeyman
Well I 'am with Major-Minor on you GFx buying spree. :oops:

Buy a 6600GT for Christ's sake if you can. :oops:

Or just wait. Your current card is good enough.

This race will go on for ever and ultimately make you an addict. Its better to wait ..... tell your self ... is there a game that will not run on my card ..... NONE AT ALL !!

Don't go hopping instead wait and run for a bigger jump.

by the way BEST OF LUCK!

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
do one thing nitro..
whenever u feel taht ur card is getting old..replace it with a geforce fx 5200..c what a cr** of a card it is..feel how blessed u are to own at least a radeon 9600 pro and get back with normal life.. :wink: :wink:

[poWer]

Oldskool TranceAddict
Go 4 5700Ultra better than 9600XT and look out 4 the version having GDDR3.
5700ultra is the only GFX card from FX series to exploit the power of GDDR3. Although there is no difference in clock rates but these will prove much better in overclocking the card.

or even better go 4 a XFX 6600GT agp version costs near 10K has 8-pixel pipelines instead of 5700U's 4. engine clocked at 500Mhz and GDDR3 at 1000Mhz. wud give more than descent frame rates in the new gen. games

The final choice is yours onle
check out : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11272&start=30

Byte

Ninja Jedi
Firstly - study, instead of thinking abt video card upgrades! Second - Dont replace the 9600 with a 5XXX card, makes no sense. Go for a GeForce 6XXX series instead. But really, study dude.

OP
liquid_nitrogen88

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
Hi guys.i'm back.......... :lol:
oops...........its 15th.........n not 10th..........5 days went by analysing the qn paper....the exam was ok......

this is 4 all my pals except grinnie.......
my 9600PRO isnt old but brand new....so its like buying 5700 INSTEAD of 9600PRO....
i decided 2 go with it after readin digit reviews n the links given by grinnie.....n i'm satisfied with it...........
6600 is still beyond my reach pals........... :cry:
and also.i have replaced my ASUS mobo with an EPOX(nForce3).....
:lol:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
have replaced my ASUS mobo with an EPOX(nForce3).....
:lol:

:shock: :shock: ....u changed mobo too????
the dealer in ur locality ... is he ur best pal??...brother??...or dad???!!!!
what does he charge for exchanging these????

EPOX....hmm...have never tried them....leme know its performance with price!!! :wink:

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
@liquid_nitrogen88:: where r u getting epox in India?? are they Legally avlbl?? with warranty i mean??
Check out Baazee! some1 is selling a 6600 for 7k!
Now who said Baazee is a POS....!

sunmysore

Journeyman
delhibhai1000 said:
@liquid_nitrogen88:: where r u getting epox in India?? are they Legally avlbl?? with warranty i mean??
Check out Baazee! some1 is selling a 6600 for 7k!
Now who said Baazee is a POS....!

a new XFX 6600 is available for 8K (i think)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
New 6600 available for 7k but that pci-e, but buying a 5700Ultra for a 9600pro isn't an intelligent thing to do. Since u already have no point in discussing this further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom