55K Desktop - For home with some games

Will the above power supply be enough? There's also Corsair CV550, for 4299/- in Amazon. What's the difference between CX and CV series?
CV seems like a new model, but is a tier below CX series in terms of quality. CX450/550 are the best budget PSUs for gaming rigs.
[psucultists] PSU Tier List

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
1605330523327_image.png

Which among these is most reliable and would suit the parts that I have already ordered below.

Ryzen 3100
Asus GTX 1650 Super
Asus B450M motherboard
Kingston 500GB M.2 Nvme
Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB
Ripjaws 3200Mhz 8GB * 2
Corsair Carbide 100R cabinet

daemon1

Journeyman
View attachment 19717

Which among these is most reliable and would suit the parts that I have already ordered below.

Ryzen 3100
Asus GTX 1650 Super
Asus B450M motherboard
Kingston 500GB M.2 Nvme
Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB
Ripjaws 3200Mhz 8GB * 2
Corsair Carbide 100R cabinet
I am having exactly same problem and this is bit tricky.
except CM, other two are with old gen topology, however, both Antec and Corsair are among few who are reliable. CM was not considered good but new series has changed that. Both CV and CX in corsair are with old group regulated topology and are not considered good in 2020. I feel a refresh is in card for CX series. new gen PSUs are more reliable and have high efficiency. Its debatable if you really need the new gen ones but its always good to have new gen topology.

agree with @omega44-xt , you can take either CM or corsair from the list.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
CX in corsair are with old group regulated topology and are not considered good in 2020.
This is completely wrong, Corsair CX 2017 series is the best budget psu model available in India. You are thinking about older CX series which had group regulation & were considered poor/avg in quality.
@chimera201

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Latest CX series is DC-DC. CV450 and CV550 is group regulated though. Coolermaster doesn't have competing PSUs at the respective price points.
*www.jongerow.com/Corsair_PSU_hierarchy/index.html

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
Eh, so I ordered Corsair CV550. Any reason I need to cancel that? Corsair CV 650 has DC to DC ( and I don't know what that means) and is available at 5299/- Do I really need that for my config.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Availability is a problem. Either you could wait for the CX series to come in stock and nab it fast or get the *sigh* CV650. The Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650W (which is a much better PSU) is in stock if you are willing to increase budget to 7K.

daemon1

Journeyman
Availability is a problem. Either you could wait for the CX series to come in stock and nab it fast or get the *sigh* CV650. The Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650W (which is a much better PSU) is in stock if you are willing to increase budget to 7K.
How is the power usage calculated as in this case for OPs requirement 450w PSU is enough. I guess they only consume on the actual usage however you can use the max allowed? in other words do these high watt PSU consume more power even if the requirement is far less?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
How is the power usage calculated as in this case for OPs requirement 450w PSU is enough. I guess they only consume on the actual usage however you can use the max allowed? in other words do these high watt PSU consume more power even if the requirement is far less?

It only consumes as much is required.

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
*www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00RORBQNW/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This one only has a small front intake section. Which fan should I add to the front panel?

Amazon.in: Buy Corsair Carbide Series 100R CC-9011075-WW Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX (not Included) Power Supply Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings This one only has a small front intake section. Which fan should I add to the front panel?
120/140mm fans. Get any from a reputed brand, will cost like 500 per fan. This seems good:
Deepcool RF120 FS Case Fan

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
1605425610348.png

I am a little confused. The description says non windowed, but the image shows something else. I am ok with a non windowed version, but is this the 100R silent version that I think already has a front panel fan.

View attachment 19722

I am a little confused. The description says non windowed, but the image shows something else. I am ok with a non windowed version, but is this the 100R silent version that I think already has a front panel fan.
The seller has stated in Q&A that it has just 1 fan (likely in rear as pic) & users have said that side panel indeed has transparent area.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

The seller has stated in Q&A that it has just 1 fan (likely in rear as pic) & users have said that side panel indeed has transparent area.

I got the same cabinet & it has 1 rear fan & windowed side panel. One very annoying & majorly overlooked issue in reviews though in this model is very difficult to connect multiple hdd/ssd with the usual sata power connectors in a chain like cable. Basically you won't be able to close the side panel without a lot of effort if you install hdd/ssd in more than 1 bay & your psu has has multiple sata power connectors like this:
1605433974029.png

Which fan did you install for the front intake? Considering the intake openings are small
Why not buy a better cabinet if you are worried about cooling? Like MSI MAG Forge 100M, costs 4.7k, a better case & has 3 pre-installed fans. If say your order hasn't delivered, you can cancel it.
Buy Online MSI MAG FORGE 100M (ATX) Mid Tower Cabinet With Tempered Glass Side Panel & RGB Controller - in India

Ask local sellers for it as well.

IMO just add a fan up front to 100R & forget. It will run a bit on the hot side, but shouldn't overheat.

Top Bottom