5130 browser problem!!

masterkd

Padawan
I've a Nokia 5130 XpressMusic..there is a problem with the default operamini browser..whenever i open a site it connects to internet then after opening the page it automatically disconnects..then when i open any link it reconnects again..but this doesn't happen with my facebook app..recently i tried to install latest operamini browser..after downloading the browser opened and it said "installing" on screen..then after a while it said "can not connect to internet. installation failed."..is there a solution for this!!

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Tried bolt..getting invalid app..all versions, even bolt lite..will try pc suite later..need to download it!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I've a Nokia 5130 XpressMusic..there is a problem with the default operamini browser..whenever i open a site it connects to internet then after opening the page it automatically disconnects..then when i open any link it reconnects again..but this doesn't happen with my facebook app..recently i tried to install latest operamini browser..after downloading the browser opened and it said "installing" on screen..then after a while it said "can not connect to internet. installation failed."..is there a solution for this!!

When you open your current Opera Mini browser, does the phone ask you for confirmation to connect?

Maybe you can keep your connections as "Always On" and then try to download the latest Opera Mini.

Be sure to revert back to On Demand, because it eats up battery very fast...

sygeek

Technomancer
The same happens with me in Opera mini 6.00, had the same problem with the previous version too but the default (older) version of opera mini in my mobile works just fine. I use wi-fi most of the time so it doesn't bother me much.
Try UC browser or an older version of opera mini.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
If no option left try this-
Backup all your sms,photos,games etc
and format your phone by *#7370# and all your settings will be restored to factory condition.Best of luck

sameerwni

Spiritual Eternity
It is a common problem with 5130, recently my friend faced the same thing.I then flashed his phone with a updated firmware ver and then everything worked fine.

The connection discontinuity isn't phone problem or network problem, it all depends on what protocol you use in opera mini to surf the net.

If you set the connection type as 'http' it means every time when you try to access a webpage it will connect to opera mini servers, compile you request and render you the desired web page and then disconnects.Same process happens each and evry time.

Now if you set the connection type as 'socket' it means the connection to the OM server would be continuous and there won't be any disconnections.

Now both have their pros and cons,while http has the ability to work with wap access points socket can provide you better speed.

Top Bottom