manujohn

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Rs.50,000+/- 5k

2) What size notebook would you prefer?

15.6"

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if

India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?

Any brand giving maximum vfm for the money

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this Laptop?

1. Moderate gaming

2. HD movies
3. Net surfing

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?

Surely both.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?

Yes. FPS, Racing, etc.

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?

Maximum possible.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?

Online/direct deal.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.

Windows 7

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?

Minimum
1366 x 768

12) Any special requirement ?

1. SB Proccy

2. 4GB RAM

3. 500GB HDD (is 1TB possible...?)

4. 1GB Graphics Card
No compromise on build quality.

sandyqbg

Broken In
Looks like 'sandy-bridge' is the buzz word here. The one question I'd like to ask you(and others looking for mid to low end laps) is "Do you really need a sandy bridge?"

If you're only moderately into gaming, don't bother too much with CPU intensive like video editing(and I mean serious video editing, not simple cut & paste using windows movie maker), you could opt for an older core i processor and easily save more than 5k. Just a thought.

Krow

Crowman
^Erm... The point of Sandy bridge is not just raw power. It switches to IGP when graphics intensive tasks are not running. That saves battery. No point going for older gen processors when SB is affordable.

I think my thread will be able to solve your query.

54.6k for
i5-2410
500Gb HDD
4Gb Ram
2gb Nvida GT 540M

I think this is what you should go for !

OP
M

manujohn

Journeyman
Thanks guys for the inputs.
Actually, this one is for my friend..
Since he is not much into gaming, a GT 525M will do.
What about the following lappys...?
1. Dell XPS 15(i5 2410,6GB RAM,750GB HDD,GT 525M) @ 54.5k
2. Sony Vaio C Series (i5 2410,4GB RAM,500GB HDD,HD 6630M, Full HD 15.6") @ Rs.55k
3.HP Pavilion DV6 2016TX (dnt know price or other specs)
4. Lenovo Y570(is it launched in India.?)

sandyqbg

Broken In
^Erm... The point of Sandy bridge is not just raw power. It switches to IGP when graphics intensive tasks are not running. That saves battery. No point going for older gen processors when SB is affordable.

The only thing I wanted to say was that know your needs before you opt for it. And anyway, when you're on a shoestring budget a difference of 5k is significant right?

I just wanted to know if what they ask is really what they want, that's all. I've seen a lot of guys get carried away by advertising and buzzwords, and in the end they overpay.

Thanks guys for the inputs.
Actually, this one is for my friend..
Since he is not much into gaming, a GT 525M will do.
What about the following lappys...?
1. Dell XPS 15(i5 2410,6GB RAM,750GB HDD,GT 525M) @ 54.5k
2. Sony Vaio C Series (i5 2410,4GB RAM,500GB HDD,HD 6630M, Full HD 15.6") @ Rs.55k
3.HP Pavilion DV6 2016TX (dnt know price or other specs)
4. Lenovo Y570(is it launched in India.?)

About the Dell, do you really want an i5 CPU. The i3 is 3k less.

Check out the Sony Vaio E series Model VPCEB36FG/L. It's 5k less but features an i3(with a slightly higher base clock speed and no Turbo boost). Also it's a 15 incher(against 14 incher C series lap). The other specs are pretty much the same or close.

Top Bottom