50k - 65k Lappy recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Buy HP Pavilion Gaming 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (Ryzen 5-4600H/8GB/1TB HDD + 256GB SSD/Windows 10/144Hz/NVIDIA GTX 1650 4GB/Shadow Black), 15-ec1052AX Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
Thanks to @omega44-xt(along with @SaiyanGoku & @whitestar_999 for all the advice! I currently purchased HP Pavilion which will reach me before 2 sept.
Now I came to know H.P has a lot of bloat in its laptops. Can you please suggest me which of the junk to purge to make the the lappy less bloated than windows already makes it? A list of essential ,non-essential and outright crap , alongwith the functions of each software would be really helpful and much appreciated.(like is McAfee really crap like internet makes it out to be?).

I know you guys have already helped me much :), but this would improve my UX a long way.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks to @omega44-xt(along with @SaiyanGoku & @whitestar_999 for all the advice! I currently purchased HP Pavilion which will reach me before 2 sept.
Now I came to know H.P has a lot of bloat in its laptops. Can you please suggest me which of the junk to purge to make the the lappy less bloated than windows already makes it? A list of essential ,non-essential and outright crap , alongwith the functions of each software would be really helpful and much appreciated.(like is McAfee really crap like internet makes it out to be?).

I know you guys have already helped me much :), but this would improve my UX a long way.
I suggest to simply format & reinstall win 10 & then install only essential HP softwares(make sure to download all HP softwares & drivers beforehand in laptop as well as some other places like pendrive/portable hdd etc). Your license activation info will be saved on MS servers once you setup your laptop for the first time while being connected to net. After that as long as your laptop mobo remains same you can reinstall win 10 as many times as you like & it will be activated automatically within few minutes after connecting to net.

I think other than Omen Control Centre or something of that sorts to control fan speeds, etc, most others aren't required.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I suggest to simply format & reinstall win 10 & then install only essential HP softwares(make sure to download all HP softwares & drivers beforehand in laptop as well as some other places like pendrive/portable hdd etc). Your license activation info will be saved on MS servers once you setup your laptop for the first time while being connected to net. After that as long as your laptop mobo remains same you can reinstall win 10 as many times as you like & it will be activated automatically within few minutes after connecting to net.
But just deleting the bloat would be easier though:), is a reinstall really required? Also is macAfee good(most come pre-installed in dells) or should I use win. defender only

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Would this list be ok?
*www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/hp-laptop-remove-bloatware.html

I have corrections in that. You should also delete in addition to those.

• HP Orbit
  • McAffee
  • Preinstalled office 365 ( ONLY DELETE IF YOU DON'T HAVE SUBSCRIPTION, AND DON'T WANT TO BUY ONE.)
  • Candy Crush
  • WildGames launcher
  • Minecraft
  • HP Print ( Believe me this driver is useless, even if you have a HP printer, install the one provided with it)
  • Sudoku.
  • Any other game.
  • HP cloud
  • Game Shop.
This was the list of all the bloatware which I got in addition to the one listed in the website. You can also delete keeper, as I don't trust these password managers.

And I am curious about that shady site as it has mentioned McAfee in the "Do Not Delete section" (Maybe it is sponsored by them??)

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

I have corrections in that. You should also delete in addition to those.

• HP Orbit
  • McAffee
  • Preinstalled office 365 ( ONLY DELETE IF YOU DON'T HAVE SUBSCRIPTION, AND DON'T WANT TO BUY ONE.)
  • Candy Crush
  • WildGames launcher
  • Minecraft
  • HP Print ( Believe me this driver is useless, even if you have a HP printer, install the one provided with it) # I have a canon printer
  • Sudoku.
  • Any other game.
  • HP cloud
  • Game Shop.
This was the list of all the bloatware which I got in addition to the one listed in the website. You can also delete keeper, as I don't trust these password managers.

And I am curious about that shady site as it has mentioned McAfee in the "Do Not Delete section" (Maybe it is sponsored by them??)
Thanks very much! This was the exact thing I needed. :D

I have a canon printer so h.p printer driver can die a slow death;)
I think maybe they didn't knew how crappy was McAFee or maybe it was pre- windows defender era, though it's the possibility of them being sponsored is far more.

(PS. I don't think I will uninstall minecraft if it would be the non-trial ver.)

Last edited:

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Thanks very much! This was the exact thing I needed. :D

I have a canon printer so h.p printer driver can die a slow death;)
I think maybe they didn't knew how crappy was McAFee or maybe it was pre- windows defender era, though it's the possibility of them being sponsored is far more.

(PS. I don't think I will uninstall minecraft if it would be the non-trial ver.)

You will get a 14-hr trial of minecraft, Limited to creative only. ( Greedy peeps, could have provided 14-day trial). Forgot to mention, HP Audio plugin will also be present, But its completely on you if you want to delete it as earlier it had been found stealing data.

P.S. is there a minecraft thread here?
P.P.S Anybody crazy enough to remove the top metal case of their CPUs and attach the heat sink directly over silicone wafer to overclock it??

Last edited:
OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

You will get a 14-hr trial of minecraft, Limited to creative only. ( Greedy peeps, could have provided 14-day trial).
Lol, will delete it right away.

Forgot to mention, HP Audio plugin will also be present, But its completely on you if you want to delete it as earlier it had been found stealing data.
Is it any good ? Do I get access to realtek console?
P.P.S Anybody crazy enough to remove the top metal case of their CPUs and attach the heat sink directly over silicone wafer to overclock it??
It would ruin the CPU imo.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Is it any good ? Do I get access to realtek console?

Realtek Console is much much better. It is not going to give u a equilizer, Only some artifical option to change the speaker/mic, which can be even done through default sound settings. You can always use the equilizer APO.

It would ruin the CPU imo.

It was mentioned in one of the fastracks, named "cooling your PC"
Though a crazy idea.

OP
Æsoteric Positron

Æsoteric Positron

Realtek Console is much much better.
So, would access to Realtek be given to me ? I know its moderately good as I have it on my current setup.

It is not going to give u a equilizer, Only some artifical option to change the speaker/mic, which can be even done through default sound settings.
The hp driver sounds insanely useless.........

It was mentioned in one of the fastracks, named "cooling your PC"
Though a crazy idea.
Maybe its only highly theoretical, cause I theorize that even touching the silicon wafer directly would kill the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom