Journeyman
Hi friends!

My current config is:

Amd Athlon 3000+ (939pin)
Kingston 512x2 DDR 400 Ram
ATI X1600 pro graphics card 256mb
Asus A8n-e motherboard
80GB Segate HDD (IDE)

Should I upgrade any of the above for getting a descent framerate in newer games like lost planet and bioshock,crysis?

I have 5k in hand and i am ready to sell this as second hand anywhere......

your advice please

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
U already have a gr8 config... ATi 1600 Pro is a really good card... :p so if u want better than that, then sorry bro, no offence but u may need to add another ZERO behind that Update price :p

anyway, still refer to the bellow thread to get one Basic Idea about things !!!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63874

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
Choto Cheeta said:
U already have a gr8 config... ATi 1600 Pro is a really good card... :p so if u want better than that, then sorry bro, no offence but u may need to add another ZERO behind that Update price :p

anyway, still refer to the bellow thread to get one Basic Idea about things !!!

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63874

Hey that is really a good card, but I want to play some latest dx10 games like BIOSHOCK which will be released this month in DX10mode ........ I think that DX10 card can give large performance rise over my current card............please correct me if i am wrong. And also, would there be any possibility of my processor bottlenecking my 8600gt ?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
And also, would there be any possibility of my processor bottlenecking my 8600gt ?

U missed the point bro...

ur motherboard doesnt suppport PCIe neither u have a AM2 Socket Processors... so... u are quite stuck, as to use one 8xxx Card u will need one PCIe Based motherboard, and right now its quite hard to find one with Socket 939 support !!!!

:(

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
OOps........but the card i am using now is of pcie interface.........
yes. My motherboard supports PCIe gfx cards, though not AM2 processors.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom