5.1 Home theater system for 20k

king_of all

Journeyman
Hello ,
I have a 55" 4K UHD 55MU6470, in my hall and i want to setup a 5.1 home theater system into it, recently i was planning to buy Sony HT iv-300, but many reviews are not good so wanted to research first,
I will mostly use it to watch 5.1 movie from either HD DTH or USB or Amazon etc, but will also like to listen to some music, my hall is not much big either around 15x10, Please suggest my any good system i could also increase my budget to 2-3k.
Bass and music should be great Bluetooth, blue ray DTS Dolby surround and other thing should be there.

Gollum

Collector
Any good 5.1 home theater needs a good receiver. Sadly all receivers cost more than 25k(excluding speakers).
The home theaters that are sold by Sony, lg, Samsung and other cheaper brands will never give you the real experience.
Moreover, the ht's do not support input from another sound source like dth or game console or pc via hdmi or spdif.

I would suggest you to buy Yamaha's entry level HT package. The speakers aren't that great but you can upgrade them later. Costs 29k.
*www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B071GYCF5D/r...ter+system&dpPl=1&dpID=31Jahg1ZYtL&ref=plSrch

Keep in mind, this is a real home theater that decodes raw audio. Supports 4k passthrough and dts hd including many more hd audio formats that can be bit steamed directly from hdmi or spdif to the receiver to ensure lossless audio.

Last edited:

Kirankj1724

Broken In
I have recently purchase the Yamaha YHT-1840 setup. This purchase was made after a lot of comparison between YHT-1840 and YHT-2910. I would suggest the YHT-1840 only if you are on a tight budget of 30k.
There is some considerable difference between the above mentioned 2 HTiBs. For more detailed info you can visit this link on hifivision forums.
If you can stretch your budget a bit more, I would suggest you Taga 506 V2 speaker package and Pioneer VSX-330 AV receiver. You can get this setup for around 42k from hifimart. This combo does not include a subwoofer. Its something that you can upgrade later when you have the budget. But it would definitely outperform both the Yamaha HTiBs.

Gollum

Collector
Why ? What does a reciever 'do exactly, that makes it essential ? audio noob here.
Receiver is like an Amplifier that can decode 5.1 or 7.1 audio e.g., Dolby Digital, DTS and other audio formats like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Tru HD, DTS HD Master Audio, and so on directly.
This eliminates any loss in conversion and ensures that you get the highest quality sound for your home theatre.
Also, even the most basic AV receivers can deliver 100 RMS and above power per channel to each connected Speaker. Just image 100wx7 + 100w = Insanity

These are not meant for the everyday user as such a setup is expensive and not really required unless you are an enthusiast.

Top Bottom