4K TV within 40K ? Anything Available ?

@omega44-xt Finally bit the Bullet and Purchased Hisense U6K the other day from Reliance Digital for 46K with a 3 years default warranty and 2 years extended Warranty which came as a bonus perk on my credit card. So in total I have 5 Years of Warranty on this TV.

Now I am looking to use this TV with the best possible settings and calibration, can you suggest me how do I keep the settings to view this TV in its best format ?
That's grossly overpriced any way you look at it, unless it is 65".

I keep motion smoothening to minimum (not called minimum) or off. Others are default on A6K we have.

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
That's grossly overpriced any way you look at it, unless it is 65".

I keep motion smoothening to minimum (not called minimum) or off. Others are default on A6K we have.

It is a little superior than A6K as the U6K offers Local Array Dinning giving more deeper Blacks. And it is a 2023 model.

What according to you should have been the good price to pick up the U6K ?

And how does keeping motion smoothening to minimum and off help ? What does it do ?

It is a little superior than A6K as the U6K offers Local Array Dinning giving more deeper Blacks. And it is a 2023 model.

What according to you should have been the good price to pick up the U6K ?

And how does keeping motion smoothening to minimum and off help ? What does it do ?
I did mention sometime earlier that U6K found on EU/US that is reviewed by rtings.com is not the one sold in India, Indian 55" U6K claims 32 zones vs 120 zones claimed in rtings.com. Hence I recommended A6K instead or cheap Samsung/LG models or Sony X74K.

Do a FALD test, to see those zones:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3So8OFdqcdA
Like for my monitor I can't see any light zones turning on/off. On OLEDs as well you won't see any zones turning on/off because each pixel is a light source there (perfect panel). But in cheap TVs with say 32 zones, etc, you can see the zone transition with visible light trails.

Anyways, enjoy your purchase. As I mentioned, even a 55" A6K will feel like a big improvement to you, so U6K will definitely be a huge improvement.

I don't like the soap opera effect that motion smoothening results in, hence I keep it off usually or low (put it at low for Panasonic 4K TV with my parents, off for flatmate's A6K). Experiment yourself & see. Bigger brands handle motion smoothening much better. I checked a friend's LG G3 last weekend, he had motion smoothening on & the cricket match on Sunday did look great on it even though I hate it on other TVs which are usually cheaper (it is LG's flagship TV, so obviously its great).

Top Bottom