4K TV 40-50k

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to buy either from Flipkart or Amazon. That's why asking for suggestion.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk
Flipkart uses Jeeves for its own after sales service option given at time of buying & it has some bad reviews.Your best bet is direct warranty from manufacturer which only VU provides among cheaper/budget brands.I am not sure about even major brands like lg & samsung when it comes to online purchase & extended warranty compared to their offline store purchases.Also TV is not like graphics card or processor whose review you can read online & based on that only decide to buy.Just check the models in nearest showrooms & if you find something good then see if it is available online with better price/warranty offer(give preference to extended warranty even if it means buying offline at a slightly higher price).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Flipkart uses Jeeves for its own after sales service option given at time of buying & it has some bad reviews.Your best bet is direct warranty from manufacturer which only VU provides among cheaper/budget brands.I am not sure about even major brands like lg & samsung when it comes to online purchase & extended warranty compared to their offline store purchases.Also TV is not like graphics card or processor whose review you can read online & based on that only decide to buy.Just check the models in nearest showrooms & if you find something good then see if it is available online with better price/warranty offer(give preference to extended warranty even if it means buying offline at a slightly higher price).
Okay will do. Thanks for the suggestion. Will take note of the model numbers and check them in the nearest showrooms and then order.
If they are not available there I will order them from either Flipkart or Amazon then. Okay.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
If my budget is 40k then LG 4k with smart remote which only comes with 2018 models only. 2019 models does not come with smart remote.
Is 2018 model good or should I go with Motorola 4K since it comes with LG panels?
Please suggest.
Thanks.

Check rtings.com

Apparently LG UK63 has RGBW subpixel arrangement, so not real 4K.

Do you really need that smart remote of LG? Samsung has VA panel, so better contrast vs IPS of LG. You can always go for a cheap 4K TV at 25k.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Check rtings.com

Apparently LG UK63 has RGBW subpixel arrangement, so not real 4K.

Do you really need that smart remote of LG? Samsung has VA panel, so better contrast vs IPS of LG. You can always go for a cheap 4K TV at 25k.
What about Motorola 4K panel which is an LG panel where they are saying in YouTube Reviews.
And what cheaper 4K TVs
Don't recommend Yu or any other things like TCL please.
Recommend anything like LG, Samsung
I think samsung comes with one UI right!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nowadays almost all IPS panels are made by LG only so any device using ips panel will most likely have a lg panel.That is not some great thing as lg only sells lower quality ips panels to other manufacturers(with very few exceptions & those manufacturers' models will certainly cost much more than cheap models of motorola) while keeping the best panels for its own devices.

Motorola won't be much better than brands like VU in this price range(in fact it may even be equal or a bit worst than VU premium android/pixel light series).Don't confuse motorola with lenovo(you already know what happened to motorola mobile brand under lenovo). If you don't want to consider VU then just go with LG or Samsung(whichever offers more extended warranty & not just on panels).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Nowadays almost all IPS panels are made by LG only so any device using ips panel will most likely have a lg panel.That is not some great thing as lg only sells lower quality ips panels to other manufacturers(with very few exceptions & those manufacturers' models will certainly cost much more than cheap models of motorola) while keeping the best panels for its own devices.

Motorola won't be much better than brands like VU in this price range(in fact it may even be equal or a bit worst than VU premium android/pixel light series).Don't confuse motorola with lenovo(you already know what happened to motorola mobile brand under lenovo). If you don't want to consider VU then just go with LG or Samsung(whichever offers more extended warranty & not just on panels).
Okay
I will go with either LG or Samsung which ever is cheaper and provides good smart capabilities.
Thanks again.
PS: I don't know about this LG thingy about it selling panels to others.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
PS: I don't know about this LG thingy about it selling panels to others.
It is just like samsung being the largest manufacturer of memory chips used in ram/ssd/mobiles.You will find samsung chips in many products.Of course the best chips are reserved for samsung's own devices.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
It is just like samsung being the largest manufacturer of memory chips used in ram/ssd/mobiles.You will find samsung chips in many products.Of course the best chips are reserved for samsung's own devices.
Rightly said. About Huawei debacle both Samsung & Apple was about to loose billions if Huawei gets banned. So they lobbied for Huawei.

But US Administration is a bit on the higher side.
Already choosen LG 43 inches 4K & LG 40 inches HD TVs from Amazon.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
What about Motorola 4K panel which is an LG panel where they are saying in YouTube Reviews.
And what cheaper 4K TVs
Don't recommend Yu or any other things like TCL please.
Recommend anything like LG, Samsung
I think samsung comes with one UI right!

Obviously cheap 4K ones are Xiaomi, Vu, TCL, etc.

I saw LG UM7290 & Samsung NU6100 for 37k online. Both are decent choices. UM72xx might not have RGBW like UK63 series. I observed UM7300 to be better than UK63xx in the showroom, but didn't try my video on UK63 as the difference between them was just 3k here, so UM73 is obvious choice for LG, in my case. The 3 year warranty is cherry on the top as my previous TV (Sony) had a lot of issues in 2nd year which needed mobo replacement worth 5k.

Samsung TVs have Tizen OS & LG has Web OS. Sony has android TV whereas some cheap brand actually have android based OS or android TV. I can't compare smart features here in the showroom as the internet is shit. For my parents, both have enough functionality, so OS is not a deal-breaker for me.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Rightly said. About Huawei debacle both Samsung & Apple was about to loose billions if Huawei gets banned. So they lobbied for Huawei.

But US Administration is a bit on the higher side.
Already choosen LG 43 inches 4K & LG 40 inches HD TVs from Amazon.

If amazon is delivering to your location, get LG UM7290 & Samsung NU6100 for 37k. Don't even consider 1080p TVs. I don't think the voice assistant supported magic remote of LG is that much worth it, definitely nice to have.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Checked Panasonic GX750 locally, costs 56k for 49" here. The panel looks good, bit better than LG UM7300 for brightness & contrast. It even has HDR10+ & Dolby vision apparently but inbuilt web store isn't good, should be solved with Fire TV 4K.

TH-49GX750D 4K TV - Panasonic India

This forum has some discussions on it.
Panasonic 2019 GX750 BOOKED

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to know
Check out this thread if you want to give yourself a headache regarding setting up hdr correctly :grin: VU Premium Android 4k TVs aren't really HDR! Please go through this thread before buying one.

P.S. The above thread title is not exactly true,see the thread for more info regarding this.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Placed order for Panasonic GX750 49". 56k was the wrong price quote earlier & it cost me 63k. Bad value for my parents as they won't utilize it to its potential but my father wanted a big TV, so 49" it is. Otherwise LG UM7300 43" would have been my choice at 51k. Options at Andaman are slim, cheapest branded 4K TV here was Panasonic GX500 for 45k or something but its panel didn't look great compared to UM7300.

I will get it tomorrow, will post a small review.

Top Bottom