49$ android powered mini computer coming soon.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Name : VIA apc
[YOUTUBE]Gx16_mJKY5A[/YOUTUBE]

The VIA APC’s technical model number is APC 8750 and it runs an 800MHz processor. There’s also 512 MB of DDR3 memory as well as 2GB of NAND Flash memory. There’s a built-in 3D graphics accelerator that can render videos upto 720p. HDMI connectivity as well as D-Sub output ports are present, along with a microSD card slot. Four USB ports are available, so you can connect external storage drives to it. There’s no Wi-Fi support, but there is 100Mbps Ethernet.

More details: *www.tweaktown.com/news/24233/via_i...pc_android_computer_we_go_hands_on/index.html
Official Site: *apc.io/about/

I am personally super excited about this one. This would be a perfect as a downloadbox or watching movies(720p only, no 1080p support) OR as a primary computer for people in the low income bracket.
What do you guys think? Could this computer be game changer?

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
In case you were in a cave or something, here's another even cheaper alternative:
Raspberry Pie - An unofficial Raspberry Pi blog

What is the Raspberry Pi?
It’s a computer, a very small one. It’s about the same size as a credit card but packs a punch and is priced at just $25 for model A and $35 for model B. The more expensive version gets you double the RAM and an ethernet socket.

Granted VIA APC may have some better specs, but then the cost is also more.
Also, Raspberry pie even "sounds" better than APC. :D

OP
cute.bandar

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
raspberry pi has a waiting list of 500,000.

Can't even play 1080p which Raspberry Pi can do.
The people the APC is targeting won't need to play 1080p. granted it would have been a bonus if it could have played 1080p.

IMO both have their place .

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I already own Raspberry Pi. ;)

*i.imgur.com/n8POS.jpg
One good point here is the VGA port but seriously if Raspberry Pi at $35 can do 1080p videos, this has no excuse.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
where did u buy that from?:D

Doesn't matter. There's an awesome story behind his ownership of the Pi!!! Lemme do the honours...

He was waiting ever since he heard about Raspberry Pi (maybe in his childhood or so). The moment the domain of raspberrypi.org was created (on 15-Sep-2008) he started fantasizing about the gadget. Money was not an issue since 1). It was not costly and 2). He had collected enough money in his piggy bank since he started collecting change years ago.
But, on the day when prebooking started he missed it cause he was unable to connect to internet (MTNL screwed him) :(

But since he was such a big fan of the pi and had already convinced that to the founders of it by sending fan mails (real mails, not digital!) that they decided to save one exclusive for Liverpool_fan.

Of course, dreams don't come true that easily. The Pi had problems clearing customs. And he also had to purchase the accesories that costed more than the Pi itself, but alas, his dream did come true! :wub:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
where did u buy that from?:D

I registered interest at RS components within the first 10 minutes and was always among the first in queue. My queue was delivered in May and ordered it then.

And yeah Shipping + Customs costed more than Pi itself. Not to mention accessories.

Vyom's post is a sample on how weed affects our brain...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I registered interest at RS components within the first 10 minutes and was always among the first in queue. My queue was delivered in May and ordered it then.

And yeah Shipping + Customs costed more than Pi itself. Not to mention accessories.

As I said. :|

Vyom's post is a sample on how weed affects our brain...

Well actually it's an example of how a person is able to sense the "underlying reality" when he's not wasting time in a channel named, "#krow". :/

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
As I said. :|

Well actually it's an example of how a person is able to sense the "underlying reality" when he's not wasting time in a channel named, "#krow". :/
dude u almost made me believe that story hahaha also i found its a lil bit strange for someone actually to dream about it
from 2008..wtf..anyways njoi ur joint hahaha :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend

Joke's on you buddy. Your facepalm here is like the weird expressions we see on the face of a Turbo C++ programmer when we show them standard C++ code.
Too many facepalms lately, time to curb those.

Last edited:

vaibhavl

Broken In
@ vyom: Totally rocked that post!!! hahahahah!!!!! :-Dhttp://www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif

Top Bottom