45-60k laptop for architecture related work

Chetan1991

Youngling
Yo.
Looking for a laptop for someone who needs it for arch. work

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
50k, stretchable upto 60k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3Ds Max, Rivet Arch. and other architecture related programs

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
i5 minimum, or is i7 necessary?
Would 940M be enough?

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Mainstream brand.

6) Anything else you would like to say?
Screen resolution: 1080p
Battery back up: normal (3-4hrs)
Purchase place Online / Local
He won't be moving the laptop much so huge battery or overemphasis on build quality not necessary.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Forget about i5, i7 since you get dual core ULV proccys in this budget.

Maximize on the ram, screen resolution, hard disk space.

Sent from my OnePlus 3 using Tapatalk

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Forget about i5, i7 since you get dual core ULV proccys in this budget.

Maximize on the ram, screen resolution, hard disk space.

But won't running 3Ds Max and AutoCAD require a processor with powerful single core performance?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But won't running 3Ds Max and AutoCAD require a processor with powerful single core performance?

Yes, and for that very reason, try to get a laptop with i7-7700HQ or i5-7300HQ. (Basically a quad (physical) core i5 at least)

The ULV dual cores aren't worth over 40k IMO.

VERY OLD but fits in your budget:
LENOVO Y5070-59441760, Core i7-4720HQ, 4GB/1TB, 15.6" FullHD, 2GB GTX 960M GDDR5 | eBa

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Yes, and for that very reason, try to get a laptop with i7-7700HQ or i5-7300HQ. (Basically a quad (physical) core i5 at least)

The ULV dual cores aren't worth over 40k IMO.

VERY OLD but fits in your budget:
LENOVO Y5070-59441760, Core i7-4720HQ, 4GB/1TB, 15.6" FullHD, 2GB GTX 960M GDDR5 | eBa

solid single core performance is the reason, and suggesting quad core?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
solid single core performance is the reason, and suggesting quad core?
Those HQ proccys have higher single core performance and aren't limited by thermal throttling as compared to the ULV proccys. The latter were made to be used in low powered ultrabooks but OEM in India market them as high performance "gaming" laptops with gt 940m. :facepalm:

gautam_das

Broken In
Hi, I'm a civil engineering student and I'm gonna be learning AutoCad after this semester ends. I'm gonna buy a new laptop in a few days. My purpose is also same - AutoCad and like designing software and some low gaming. I've thought about Hp au620tx and Lenovo 510. Which one would be better or should I increase my budget?

I'm not posting a new thread since Mr. Chetan1991 and I share the same interest.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi, I'm a civil engineering student and I'm gonna be learning AutoCad after this semester ends. I'm gonna buy a new laptop in a few days. My purpose is also same - AutoCad and like designing software and some low gaming. I've thought about Hp au620tx and Lenovo 510. Which one would be better or should I increase my budget?

I'm not posting a new thread since Mr. Chetan1991 and I share the same interest.
Fill the questionnaire and assemble a desktop instead. Laptops in India for your budget are under-powered.

Top Bottom