42 "dangerous" Chinese smartphone apps you should delete right now

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
which alternative app are u all using instead of ShareIt ?
I need one to transfer between devices in maximum speed.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
which alternative app are u all using instead of ShareIt ?
I need one to transfer between devices in maximum speed.
After trying out numerous alternative apps including Jio switch (it was hard leaving ShareIt) I conclude Xender to be a good option.

Although I couldn't find the origin of Xender's origin. (website says nothing). It just might be another Chinese spyware.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
After trying out numerous alternative apps including Jio switch (it was hard leaving ShareIt) I conclude Xender to be a good option.

Although I couldn't find the origin of Xender's origin. (website says nothing). It just might be another Chinese spyware.
Xender is Chinese. Why don't you guys share via WiFi direct?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Xender is Chinese. Why don't you guys share via WiFi direct?
I want an app that allows me to select any file/app/pic/video and send it to the recipient easily. How do we use WiFi direct and how it's easier and more intuitive then an app like ShareIt or Xender?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I want an app that allows me to select any file/app/pic/video and send it to the recipient easily. How do we use WiFi direct and how it's easier and more intuitive then an app like ShareIt or Xender?
I can select any file, folder and send it via WiFi direct. I use a Samsung phone+Xplore BTW. Couldn't get easier than this. Intuitive idk as I never used those Chinese junk.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I can select any file, folder and send it via WiFi direct. I use a Samsung phone+Xplore BTW. Couldn't get easier than this. Intuitive idk as I never used those Chinese junk.
Just tired Xplore. I don't think the wifi direct works without donating atleast Rs 180 to the developer. I didn't have any Android phone to test, but I did try to access the contents on web browser on PC. I couldn't, unless I donate the app developer.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just tired Xplore. I don't think the wifi direct works without donating atleast Rs 180 to the developer. I didn't have any Android phone to test, but I did try to access the contents on web browser on PC. I couldn't, unless I donate the app developer.
WiFi direct is an inbuilt feature in Samsung and in all Android phones I think. I use xplore to select files and folders that I want to send.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
They do.
Samsung's Device Maintenance app/feature is totally based on Clean Master, and so are the respective apps of many other OEMs.
Nope Samsung can't afford a public backlash if they were sending stuff in the background. I take my words back for OP though, complete junk.

@Vyom
Even Motorola phones have that wifi direct feature. Check wifi file transfer if you want to transfer between a computer and a phone.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Is there any safe & reliable Clean Master alternatives ?
Use 4-5 year old version of Cleanmaster. Disable access to the internet in the background option in the app manager and you are good to go. If you still think it is leaking data, use no root firewall if you have an unrooted device.

E|e<tr0|!0n

Broken In
Most OEMs nowadays include device and storage maintenance features, so Clean Master shouldn't be needed for modern phones.
For alternatives to ShareIt, I'd suggest Google's 'Files Go'.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Most OEMs nowadays include device and storage maintenance features, so Clean Master shouldn't be needed for modern phones.
For alternatives to ShareIt, I'd suggest Google's 'Files Go'.

Using SD Maid pro version (courtesy of the rewards app)

SD Maid is excellent app for cleaning junk files

OEM apps are based on clean master only. Cm>SD maid. Compare a 4-5 year old version of Cm with SD maid and you will see the difference.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180402/60579f025c2adeaf3af0c0fce757bb50.jpg

Top Bottom