40-43 Inch Full HD TV Suggestions in Less than 40K

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
1. Budget?
Less than 40K
2. Display type and size?
Size - 40 - 43 Inch. Type - IPS ( Better Suggestions are welcomed)
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Mainly for watching OTT content and You tube. Miracast / Screen mirroring capabilities a must
4. Types and number of ports required?
Not sure about this. Would like suggestions
5. Preferred choice of brand?
Any prominent brand with good overall performance for long use.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
Yes.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B086R98PKS/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_vZ9bFb4FSNHYA

and

*www.amazon.in/dp/B086R8D4NM/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_h49bFb3DSP200

7. Any other info that you want to share
Tried Mi online but not getting as stock not available. This is for my brother who lives in Bangalore in area having frequent power failures and would like to know if a stabilizer is also required with TV as there are frequent power failures and fluctuations at his area. WiFi support required.Plan to buy in next two days online.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
IPS in LED Tvs nowadays is only used by LG while all other manufacturers(except for some rare models in their lineup) have moved to VA panels because of their much superior contrast which matters more for viewing movies compared to colour accuracy which is the forte of IPS panels(VA viewing angles are much better than TN even if inferior to IPS panels & are good enough for any typical usage scenario).

Just buy this VU model & get extended warranty from VU site(they sell it for ~10% of the purchase price of TV & many times final amount is lower so ~1.5k for this model I think).
*www.amazon.in/inches-UltraAndroid-...37712031&s=electronics&sr=1-1#customerReviews
If above works for even 2 years(which will be in warranty anyway) then consider your money's worth fulfilled as nowdays even major brands TV often don't last beyond 3 years. Of course the hidden cost of this is you will have to skip the "smart part" of the TV as it is full of hassles & need some considerable tinkering/updating & just get firestick. TVs/all electronics are sensitive to voltage fluctuations so better get a stabilizer, I think Vguard has good reputation in South India.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
IPS in LED Tvs nowadays is only used by LG while all other manufacturers(except for some rare models in their lineup) have moved to VA panels because of their much superior contrast which matters more for viewing movies compared to colour accuracy which is the forte of IPS panels(VA viewing angles are much better than TN even if inferior to IPS panels & are good enough for any typical usage scenario).

Just buy this VU model & get extended warranty from VU site(they sell it for ~10% of the purchase price of TV & many times final amount is lower so ~1.5k for this model I think).
*www.amazon.in/inches-UltraAndroid-...37712031&s=electronics&sr=1-1#customerReviews
If above works for even 2 years(which will be in warranty anyway) then consider your money's worth fulfilled as nowdays even major brands TV often don't last beyond 3 years. Of course the hidden cost of this is you will have to skip the "smart part" of the TV as it is full of hassles & need some considerable tinkering/updating & just get firestick. TVs/all electronics are sensitive to voltage fluctuations so better get a stabilizer, I think Vguard has good reputation in South India.
Would follow your suggestions for VA panel. But can you suggest a different model as not currently planning to buy firestick or chrome cast. I really liked mi because of this and would like to have something similar. Any other recommendations?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mi TVs have inferior display compared to some competitors like Vu. I'd recommend Vu TV as well, some TDF members own it & I have heard good reviews about it. You can look for Vu's 43" 4K Tv for 26k, if you can find it. These are surely bang for the buck options, pretty good value. Get extended warranty, as whitestar said.

If you don't want a cheap TV, its understandable. Go for that Samsung 43" 4K TV or this LG one:
LG 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV Online at best Prices In India
Sadly both aren't using android TV, so you are at their mercy for apps. Both have all the major apps, but LG's webOS is considered better over Samsung's Tizen OS. Samsung has VA panel, so better contrast, vs IPS of LG which has better colours.

I bought a V Guard stabilizer for TV at my parent's home, V Guard makes good products.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Mi TVs have inferior display compared to some competitors like Vu. I'd recommend Vu TV as well, some TDF members own it & I have heard good reviews about it. You can look for Vu's 43" 4K Tv for 26k, if you can find it. These are surely bang for the buck options, pretty good value. Get extended warranty, as whitestar said.

If you don't want a cheap TV, its understandable. Go for that Samsung 43" 4K TV or this LG one:
LG 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV Online at best Prices In India
Sadly both aren't using android TV, so you are at their mercy for apps. Both have all the major apps, but LG's webOS is considered better over Samsung's Tizen OS. Samsung has VA panel, so better contrast, vs IPS of LG which has better colours.

I bought a V Guard stabilizer for TV at my parent's home, V Guard makes good products.
Can you share the model for Samsung and VU?

Can you share the model for Samsung and VU?

The one you posted, for Samsung.

There's a Vu 43" 4K TV for 26k, but right now out of stock in FK & amazon. I think the models are Vu premium & Vu ultra, same TV basically with different names for FK & amazon for some reason.
Vu Premium 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India
Currently overpriced in FK.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
The one you posted, for Samsung.

There's a Vu 43" 4K TV for 26k, but right now out of stock in FK & amazon. I think the models are Vu premium & Vu ultra, same TV basically with different names for FK & amazon for some reason.
Vu Premium 108cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV Online at best Prices In India
Currently overpriced in FK.
They are different series. They are not named differently for FK or Amazon.

They are different series. They are not named differently for FK or Amazon.
I saw different named models on both FK & amazon, selling same 43" 4K TV for 26k. Saw some youtube video from unknown channel who actually had both of them together with him. Even his conclusion was same that both are same, just different name.

I might have named the models wrongly though.

I also need Smart TV 40-45 inch?
but confused about budget 30K or 40k+?
I think almost all the TVs suggested here were smart TVs. Those cheap TVs have android TV, which is nice considering big companies like LG & Samsung use proprietary OS, there are others like Panasonic, some cheaper Sony TVs, as well.

Get a 4K TV IMO, the Samsung you mentioned, or Vu or LG, there are other options like Nokia, Motorola, even Thompson one seems good on paper for 25k.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Can anyone advice on one plus tv? There's a sale on Amazon tomorrow

Gollum

Collector
There are 2 other TV brands which provide IPS panel.
Sanyo and iFFalcon(TCL)

At a budget of 40k, you can get a screen bigger than 40" with HDR and DLED backlighting.
I would still suggest going to a store to experience the TV in low ambient light and low backlight setting as screen defects and issue cannot be easily seen in a store where the ambient light is very bright and most TV's are not kept at your eye level.

An IPS panel is much better in regards to color reproduction and VA does not even come close to a 10Bit IPS DLED panel on Sanyo, LG, iFFALCON.

Your best option would be a 43" 4K IPS display by Sanyo or IFFALCON which will cost you from 22k-25k. Use the rest of the money to buy Netflix MobileHD plan that you can run on your PC. Or just upgrade your PC.

Top Bottom